Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think we hear some news today on an assistant coach and at least one player coming back. 

Which assistant coach candidate will we be hearing about?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just a guess but something about Roberts staying on or moving to a different role, or about someone coming back. Player wise I think we hear about Lander returning. 

Any others outside of Lander close to coming back? 

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Interesting. It seemed he was one that was leaving. I listened to Woodson with Dakich and Greenburg on the way to work today. Woodson made it obvious he wanted everyone back but also said he isn't waiting around. Someone replied to me yesterday and they were right-Woody is basically saying get on board or get overrecruited. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Maybe that's not whats really happening. 

To be fair, the article you linked has quotes saying just that lol.

There’s long been rumblings that he isn’t the most congenial guy. Regardless, Danny’s going nowhere. He’s literally got enough job security for two Ainge generations in the Celts FO.

That’s what happens when you hit very big on a few key moves like the Big 3 trades (great deals coming in, even better going out),  the Fultz 1-3 swap, the kyrie deal and the J+J picks. However, his mid round drafting resume is getting pretty ugly..

Ivan Renko’s eldest son has committed to IU 

“After hearing my dad accepting the IU assistant job, I’ve decided to come to my father’s old stomping grounds. I will like to think everyone in my recruiting process and grateful for Coach Woodson allowing me to continue my career.”

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's possible he comes back, but I think he and his family have to have a long talk before it's announced. I would think after the weekend is more likely there

His family wants him closer to home and when the season ended it was almost certain that he was leaving. However after meeting with Woodson Rabby said that Woodson gave him some things to seriously think about. So it's possible he could decide to come back. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's possible he comes back, but I think he and his family have to have a long talk before it's announced. I would think after the weekend is more likely there

So are there 13 scholarships still this year? If everyone comes back that leaves I think one spot. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if everyone returned. That tells you they believe in Woodson. But I kind of hope he can bring in a couple guys from the transfer portal. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

So are there 13 scholarships still this year? If everyone comes back that leaves I think one spot. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if everyone returned. That tells you they believe in Woodson. But I kind of hope he can bring in a couple guys from the transfer portal. 

Yes, technically Brunk could count as a 14th because he is a senior that would be coming back to IU. If Brunk doesn't come back then it will drop to 13 like normal. 

Nothing against Roberts, I definitely would love to see him still on staff in some form, but hearing Dane Fife will be an assistant will be a lot more exciting to hear today than Roberts returning, ha. Doesn’t seem like Mike returning would be any type of big news knowing he’s been on the transition staff. Seems likely he’d get a role somehow anyways. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

If I'm Mike I stay on at any cost because we're about to get this turned around, then he could get another assistant coaching job after that. I think he wants to be a part of turning this thing around. He loves IU also. 

I would stay on if I were him. If this thing is successful, I am sure he would be in line for an assistant job here once one of the newly hired assistant leaves for another job.