Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I’m all aboard the BFS train but next week seems more likely. I can’t imagine a team who makes trades at the deadline not even waiting for those players to arrive and the coach and team splitting. I think he gets a few games with Fournier and the next skid they’ll part ways. May even be after next weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Pushing back the dates for big events is right out of the QAnon playbook. And you know what, I love crazy so I'm totally cool with that. I'll be here refreshing this thread all week until I hear it's someone other than Stevens. At noon today that mysterious Peegs poster will shift the date and time of the big announcement and I'll happily be sucked right back in.  

Well no one has ever said a site on here. The peegs guy said today and the OSU guy last week said next weekend. That said if it’s Stevens I don’t care if it’s another month at this point just get it done and announced. 

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Well no one has ever said a site on here. The peegs guy said today and the OSU guy last week said next weekend. That said if it’s Stevens I don’t care if it’s another month at this point just get it done and announced. 

If it's Stevens, I don't care if it's June. 

9 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

If it's Stevens, I don't care if it's June. 

Totally agree. I don't actually believe it's Stevens. But if it's him I would wait until the summer and be totally happy. If this thread is going in May with no IU coach announcement then you know it's Stevens. 

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Wojo is dropping a bomb tomorrow at noon that Brad will take the IU job. Or he might wait till next weekend. Not much after that:-)

Whenever the drop happens, it better come from Rab with all the damage control he has had to do !

Let’s say it is Steven’s, now, but we cannot announce it till June. The negative press and general theme of they are idiots will be fascinating if indeed Scott stays quiet. But what if it is 50/50 from now until June. Do you still wait that long and risk losing not only your guy but possibly most others who were willing to come but find something else. Plus everyone slamming you for putting all your eggs in one basket.

I am fine as my backup plan at that point - Woody/Fife/Lewis is still viable. But if I hear Muss or Oats has interest yet we decide to wait on a 50/50 bet I would probably go with one of those guys and avoid the risk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Let’s say it is Steven’s, now, but we cannot announce it till June. The negative press and general theme of they are idiots will be fascinating if indeed Scott stays quiet. But what if it is 50/50 from now until June. Do you still wait that long and risk losing not only your guy but possibly most others who were willing to come but find something else. Plus everyone slamming you for putting all your eggs in one basket.

I am fine as my backup plan at that point - Woody/Fife/Lewis is still viable. But if I hear Muss or Oats has interest yet we decide to wait on a 50/50 bet I would probably go with one of those guys and avoid the risk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I would agree with this. A bird in hand and all that. I don't think you could wait until May/June unless you have some kind of guarantee.

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Except Brad, repeatedly. 

I'm not saying Brad's coming to IU, but if he was thinking about it, he wouldn't answer the media's questions about it by saying, "we're in negotiations, and I'm considering it.  I might actually coach here in Boston another 3 weeks and then leave."  You understand that, right?

Edited by IUHoosierJoe