Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, kottke said:

Wait... what? I thought this was over.

I’m not surprised that IU would make a last ditch effort but I would’ve thought it already happened. But ISP just said it’s going to be close to 10 million a year and that might be hard to say no to.

28 minutes ago, IUMD98 said:

Any chance Woodson could be hired with understanding that Stevens will come after the Celtics season is over. Brad only mentioned finishing this year with the Celtics in the press conference Friday.

“you know, we're going through a tough season. And, you know, I think that it's not my job to not go through it. It's not my job to not make sure that I'm doing everything I can to help find a better version of ourselves this year”.

Maybe all of this is just to allow him to finish the season without any distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0.  You could do that with Roberts or someone else still here.

3 minutes ago, ISP said:

I don’t know what the final # is. But it has to be 8-10m. It’s Dolson’s final push, he went and raised more $$. This is just my opinion, but for him to raise more $$ and offer again says he feels he was so close. Many of us have known since yesterday morning he was looking for more $$ - privately we just wanted to not share this because none of us deserve to keep hoping and the odds of it working are slim. But I did get confirmation this morning that Dolson did raise what he wanted to.

Honestly, I’m just ready for Beard. And I’m sorry I broke my promise to myself and got all your hopes up again. 

Is Beard #2 or is that just your hope?

0.  You could do that with Roberts or someone else still here.

You couldn’t have a press conference to announce Roberts as the head coach, everyone would see right through that. Obviously it is far fetched idea but would be the only way that hiring Woodson so quickly would make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, ISP said:

I don’t know what the final # is. But it has to be 8-10m. It’s Dolson’s final push, he went and raised more $$. This is just my opinion, but for him to raise more $$ and offer again says he feels he was so close. Many of us have known since yesterday morning he was looking for more $$ - privately we just wanted to not share this because none of us deserve to keep hoping and the odds of it working are slim. But I did get confirmation this morning that Dolson did raise what he wanted to.

Honestly, I’m just ready for Beard. And I’m sorry I broke my promise to myself and got all your hopes up again. 

The pandering speech in the last Stevens pressor lead me to believe we still had a slim chance.  It felt more like posturing from him because it seemed out of character.

Let's say Brad truly does love it in Boston, truthfully what does a few million matter in the end. Im no millionaire so im way outta touch but if he's TRULY happy in Boston, does that offset the few million difference? Like, im happy where I'm at making 7 million or ill go where I don't want to for 8-10 million? I could see it if he's was only making 1.5 million and we offered him 7, but from 7 to 8-10? 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

I seriously doubt Stevens is considered an option at this point. I'd be very surprised if Dolson was trying to make one last ditch effort. I'd imagine he's moved to the next

If or when I’m an AD I would do exactly what Dolson is supposedly doing.

Go Fund Me page is up!  Please contribute to the IU fans want Brad Stevens fund (administered by yours truly).

Or to the New NC Banner in Assembly Hall in Bloomington fund (also administered by guess who?).

Or to the IU Alumni Pilgrimage to the Greek Islands (for 2) During the NCAAT Finals (quietly administered by D@D).

Take your pick.  Get a replica of an autographed ticket to the Final Four with every contribution over $10,000. 

PS:  Heard that Archie Miller is going to be the new head coach for Duke.  Coach K is announcing retirement this week.

Wow, this bourbon is goooood!

But, seriously folks...Brad Stevens is off of the table.  

Edited by Dave from Dayton

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Let's say Brad truly does love it in Boston, truthfully what does a few million matter in the end. Im no millionaire so im way outta touch but if he's TRULY happy in Boston, does that offset the few million difference? Like, im happy where I'm at making 7 million or ill go where I don't want to for 8-10 million? I could see it if he's was only making 1.5 million and we offered him 7, but from 7 to 8-10? 

Or all that junk about Boston was just posturing for more money.  I mean, the guy isn't dumb, he knows IU would do anything it takes to get him. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

If or when I’m an AD I would do exactly what Dolson is supposedly doing.

Don't think it's money anymore. "I'm not a kid anymore" is referring to this not being his dream job anymore in my opinion. His wife once had an interview and stated "we're past the dream job". I don't think he just views this job as one he would die to have as he did growing up or early in his profession. 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

Don't think it's money anymore. "I'm not a kid anymore" is referring to this not being his dream job anymore in my opinion. His wife once had an interview and stated "we're past the dream job". I don't think he just views this job as one he would die to have as he did growing up or early in his profession. 

Sorry don’t buy it. I’m pretty good about being able to tell when people are lying and I’d bet any dollar amount that he he would’ve failed a lie detector test during that presser. I know BGleas said it would t have been scripted but that was. He was reading straight from a teleprompter to his right. That said I think he stays in Boston.

I mean don't get me wrong, if Dolson really has done what we've been told, im proud of him up to this point. I think that's what we all wanted him to do. Can't fault him there. But if ol Brad is a "Masshole" now, Big Scotty has to get level headed and FOCUS on hiring the right guy. Shake the Brad thought outta his head and focus. 

A scenario where I could see that it’s not over with Brad, is he and is wife are smart people and know now this works. IU offered him to come here. He knows darn well obviously that he’s a hot commodity here and that people see him as the Golden Boy. He and his lawyer wife also know that if the Boston higher ups love him as much as they think they do, they will want to try to keep him. So they flirt with the idea of coming to IU (not to play us but seriously considering), and then figure Boston will try to match the offer and give a raise. Okay, so they do, and leads people to think he was just trying to play us to stay in Boston but get more money out of them....but then on top of all that, knowing as said before that he knows IU REALLY wants him, figure IU will most likely come back with EVEN MORE money to go higher than Boston matching our first offer, and then he takes it. 

Idk, was just thinking about it for a couple days. Not saying it’s all correct and how it is, but something to ponder.