Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I'll add a thought to the rumor craze. The trade deadline watch could have just simply been saying pay attention and you'll see how serious the Celtics are about going for it in the short term. If they weren't buyers that could be telling of their immediate outlook and therefore could have implications on BS's future with the organization. If they were sellers it would've been obvious. If someone had inside info on this whole thing they could have just simply used the Celtics lack of acquisitions as a visual aide so to speak. I don't think Brad is coming to IU and I am just saying this could be that "insider's" line of thinking. It's a pretty subtle and low risk take.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I can email my man Scotty D if you want me to ask? Ya know, since we're on emailin' terms now. Lemme know. :-)

Just ask him to confirm the time for the announcement tomorrow. You just wanted to double-check to make sure you're avoiding scheduling conflicts.

He'll assume you're in the inner circle and give you all the details.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Who's watching the Bucks-Celtics game tonight on ESPN? Maybe Brad will break it during one of those interviews they do between quarters. That would be some good recruiting for IU

Or he'll rip off his tear away pants to reveal candy striped underwear.   Wonder if he's boxers of briefs.

Dang it, 2 more to drop jockstrap status..

Realistic odds of him coming? We thinking like 5%, 10%....or are we just a lost cause looking for some buzz at this point...I love being optimistic....last Friday shattered me....ready for the hurt again 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Me personally my odds are higher than 10%. I won't give a number but my info seems to think we have as much of a shot as Perry Mosier or Porter Morgan whoever his name is. I mean come on its BRAD F**** STEVENS

I am not on board with that hire. We tried the mid-major route and that didn't work out. Want something/someone to get excited about. The fan base is ready for a homerun hire. I think Stevens, Beard and Oats meet this category. The rest are tier 2 imo. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Me personally my odds are higher than 10%. I won't give a number but my info seems to think we have as much of a shot as Perry Mosier or Porter Morgan whoever his name is. I mean come on its BRAD F**** STEVENS

This.. who can it be at this point? The IU guys, Beilein, and Matta would’ve been hired by now. I don’t see it being Porter Moser. Not saying it’s going to be Brad, but currently the program does not have a coach. Also the “rabbit out of the hat chatter” has made its way to Peegs