Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

5 minutes ago, brandct said:

Yep that is who I was talking about. I would guess that he will build a staff around people of his choosing, and should have that freedom.

Absolutely.  No one is going to come in as a head coach and not have the freedom to surround himself with his own guys.

I would honestly prefer he bring some guys he coached on staff vs a lot guys we like. It would be nice to have one IU guy but I am fine if he brings someone from his Butler days too
Michael Lewis would take 2 birds with one stone there

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Listened to a Celtic Beat podcast that had Jarod Weiss (believe that's his name) on and they talked about IU job. Basically said if Brad were to leave for any job it would be IU but he thinks he ultimately stays in Boston. Weiss guy is a reporter for the athletic and has had off the record discussions with Brad.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, we won't know anything until we do. It very well could be several weeks or more before anything is settled, whether it's Stevens or someone else...

It's encouraging to hear some of the chatter, but trying to temper it all... remembering 4 years ago and the Billy Donovan crap...

Patience...

Just now, ap2345 said:

If Michael Lewis came to IU as an assistant for Brad he could play a big part in whether or not Kenya Hunter is retained as an assistant. Michael and Kenya worked together for 2 years at Nebraska. 

That would definitely help the transition if BS stuck around to finish out the season in Boston.

15 minutes ago, psychobat3 said:

Absolutely.  No one is going to come in as a head coach and not have the freedom to surround himself with his own guys.

Imagine that conversation.

Dolson: We'll give $8M per year. Anything you want.

Stevens: It's a deal. For my assistants I'll try to get ____, ____, and ____.

Dolson: Yeah... about that. I misspoke. We'll give you the $8M per year and most things you want but we get to select your assistant coaches. So almost anything you want.

Edited by go iu bb

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Brad Stevens

AC-Michael Lewis

AC-A Bigs coach

AC-Recruiting guru

find a role for AJ Guyton

Who should be our bigs coach and recruiting guru? 

If you were hired to coach, would you want someone else to pick your staff for you? And probably should not get the cart in front of the horse here...

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

Dolson: Yeah... about that. I misspoke. We'll give you the $8M per year and most things you want but we get to select your assistant coaches. So almost anything you want.

If there is anyone that thinks Brad wouldn’t pick his staff they are stupid. The thing is there are reasons to think that there are people on staff that could be retained. Hunter especially but it will always be Brads choice.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If we're going to throw an obscene amount of $$ at Brad to say yes, we're not going to dictate who will be on his staff.

I would never suggest that. Just that he may decide to keep somebody on staff especially if It helps keep certain players 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That’s when Dolson would get the “Get the F outta here”

Unfortunately, we won't know anything until we do. It very well could be several weeks or more before anything is settled, whether it's Stevens or someone else...
It's encouraging to hear some of the chatter, but trying to temper it all... remembering 4 years ago and the Billy Donovan crap...
Patience...

This. Is Brad going to voluntarily exit the Celtics or wait til the end of the season? Texas Tech will probably make it out of the first weekend...

Is every day for the next two months going to be like this til the Celtics lose to the Sixers in round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Treesh said:

If Brad were to agree I’d imagine he’d want a huge pool for his assistant coaches. He might want a large staff similar to the size of his staff at Boston. 

He only gets three assistants per NCAA rules. One director of operations and then grad assistants and other support role people.