Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I worry the most about Geronimo because I feel he's got so much untapped talent but being from the east coast, don't know if he's built up enough ties to IU to stick around or not.

I don't know.  All his interviews about coming to Indiana, he was impressed by the school and town, not so many mentions of the coaching.  I think after this year, almost everybody will expect that the next coach will do a better job of developing these guys.  

But I totally agree.  He's one of the 4 guys I want to build around (assuming TJD jets).  Franklin, Lander, Race, for those inquiring minds.  

9 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I don't know.  All his interviews about coming to Indiana, he was impressed by the school and town, not so many mentions of the coaching.  I think after this year, almost everybody will expect that the next coach will do a better job of developing these guys.  

But I totally agree.  He's one of the 4 guys I want to build around (assuming TJD jets).  Franklin, Lander, Race, for those inquiring minds.  

I could envision Race leaving.  He's been on campus for 4-years and may get his degree and could move on as a grad transfer.  And with Ostrom likely gone he may not feel a strong enough connection to stick around.  I'd certainly like to be wrong, but it is a thought I've had.  

There’s a thread like this over on Peegs. Rabjohns has stated Leal and Galloway are both staying. 

Not trying to create more work for you but maybe have an updated list on your original post that list the players with what they’ve said so far? That way we don’t have to look through so many pages as this builds. Just a thought and GREAT thread by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep

Lawrence North junior C.J. Gunn committed to Indiana just last month. In light of today's news on Archie Miller getting let go at IU, Gunn is focused on team's state tournament run and will take some time before making any decision on college front.

From Gunn's father:  Gunn's father, Christopher Gunn: "Our thoughts are with coach Miller, his staff, and the players. We wish them and the IU program all the best."

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Statement From Christopher Gunn

Just now, JHoosier914 said:

Lets 'quote' this post and update as we get more information:

AL - Staying

TG - Staying

AD - Transfering

AF - "Wait and see"

KL - "Wait and see"

TJD - "Hasn't thought about it"

2022 CJ Gunn - focus on state tournament and think about college decision later AKA "Wait and see"

Edited by JHoosier914
typo

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep

Lawrence North junior C.J. Gunn committed to Indiana just last month. In light of today's news on Archie Miller getting let go at IU, Gunn is focused on team's state tournament run and will take some time before making any decision on college front.

Luckily CJ has time on his side to make a decision. Not going to be a huge loss if he de commits.

36 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Not trying to create more work for you but maybe have an updated list on your original post that list the players with what they’ve said so far? That way we don’t have to look through so many pages as this builds. Just a thought and GREAT thread by the way!

Good idea! Will do that shortly 

3 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Leal, my man. That's how you become the fan favorite. Say those things. 

Just like back when Yogi said "I'm a hanging a fn banner on that wall" 

Doesn’t Leal have a parent who works at IU?

Now this strictly from them with no insight or knowledge from me, but here is what we supposedly know so far IMG_4643.jpgIMG_4644.jpgIMG_4645.jpg

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I personally want every back and buying in, but those that leave I wish them well.  

Parker Stewart is a wild card here.  We've never seen him play.  But he wouldn't be hurt from not being in a system that other players had already learned.

Yes. If the returning guys just made reasonable off-season improvements and had a better system, IU could be decent. There are mostly legit B1G players on the roster- just need a couple pieces and a better coach, IMO. I really hope Duncomb still comes. I have no expectation TJD remains, but if so IU could be on the rebound much faster than we expect. 

2 hours ago, Drew L said:

Race, Hunter, Franklin, Lander, Geronimo, Leal and Galloway. Get those 7 to stay and bring in a handful of your own guys. That would be ideal. I'm assuming TJD is going "pro". 

I would add Brunk. He's a competent, experienced big that appears to get along well with his teammates. Obviously IU could bring in a more talented big man, but even then, depth never hurt. I don't want Race or Jordan playing the 5!