Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

6 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah definitely too easy to read into it. I do think he enters his name for feedback either way, obviously. But if you could play 1 year under Brad Stevens that might be worth it to try and develop into a first round pick. 

But yeah I don't think he comes back at all if Archie is the coach. 

I think there are several coaches it would be worth playing for a year to get into the first round.  

On 3/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, Hardwood83 said:

There aren't any players I want to leave this team, but I do expect some attrition. The hire is way more important than any one player or even season. I certainly hope next year's roster can be salvaged and a competitive team is available, but not at the expense of getting THE guy. 

The hire is always way may important that all the players or a season. I have said that all the way back to when Bob Knight was fired. Instead, they hired MD to keep from players leaving. The things is, the players will always leave within 4 years if not sooner. IU got one Runner-up and a bunch of aimlessly drifting in the wilderness since.

Go get the right guy!

On 3/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

When the mass exodus occurs that’s when we can assume things aren’t going to plan.

common sense tells me this. 

This will be our cue.  Pay attention to this thread, don’t worry until then. 

Let's see here.  Not an encouraging start.

Could mean the players have an idea of who it is going to be. Could mean that Armaan wants to start the process to keep his options open and won't make a decision until he knows who IU hires. He will have a LONG list of suitors.

Let's hope he ultimately decides to come back. 

Everyone relax. It's not ideal but can we blame him? Rabby says he is open to returning as long as he fits with the new coach. He wants to see his options. If these kids can play right away without transferring I totally get it. That's college basketball now.