Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

30 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Someone may have mentioned this guy already but I’m going to bring him up. I was thinking what coaches have elevated programs and at the power 5 level. Maybe even taking them to levels they haven’t seen before. I don’t want a coach from the mid major level. It’s too risky. We need to get this right and someone with experience and success at the power 5 level is a mandatory imo. There are a few names that fit in this category and have been covered already like Pearl (63 years old), Drew (Indiana high school coaches don’t like so some say), Beard (wife beater).

One I haven’t seen and I just checked is only 49 years old, 50 this spring. Came up off a branch of the RMK tree under coach K is Chris Collin’s at Northwestern. He has taken NW from to the NCAA tournament multiple times now. Something they never did before him. He has to recruit with academic restrictions that he won’t have at IU. Weak NIL compared to IU for basketball. He is from Chicago so maybe more difficult to pull him away from home. But a name that should be considered when a change is eventually made. 

Chris Collins in conference play with Boo Buie: 34-40

Chris Collins in conference play without Boo Buie: 43-87

I know NW is a tough job, but no thank you.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

He was until he started drawing up plays for Tamar Bates! 

(ps: I suck)

I think he will be fine but just needs to get his players and not talking about Bates. He has a good class coming in

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think he will be fine but just needs to get his players and not talking about Bates. He has a good class coming in

He’s gonna be fine, and, yeah, their class is terrific. Boateng is a Guy.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Chris Collins in conference play with Boo Buie: 34-40

Chris Collins in conference play without Boo Buie: 43-87

I know NW is a tough job, but no thank you.

You can say that about anyone. What’s Dusty May without his current team. Everyone is a gamble outside of Pearl and Drew imo. I think we can get Pearl. He wasn’t 100% committed to staying at Auburn in a recent article for the remainder if his career. I just can’t imagine IU actually going for him. So I’m setting my sights a bit lower. 

I was surprised to see that Shrewsberry's defense at Notre Dame is currently ranked 29th in Kenpom.  I think of him as an offense guy, but I guess he's more well-rounded than I assumed.   However, Notre Dame's offense is atrocious this year.  They are ranked 295th in Kenpom.  I like Shrewsberry as a coach and I think his connection to the state of Indiana is a positive.  I would put him on a potential short list with Dusty and Schertz. 

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

I was surprised to see that Shrewsberry's defense at Notre Dame is currently ranked 29th in Kenpom.  I think of him as an offense guy, but I guess he's more well-rounded than I assumed.   However, Notre Dame's offense is atrocious this year.  They are ranked 295th in Kenpom.  I like Shrewsberry as a coach and I think his connection to the state of Indiana is a positive.  I would put him on a potential short list with Dusty and Schertz. 

38th in 3 pointers attempted but only 313 in 3pt%. I'm impressed by their defense too, they are super super young I'm sure he will have them rolling very soon. 

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

If he gets Mullins and Sisley, to go along with Markus Burton, those offensive numbers will change dramatically. A lot of young guys trying to score in a brand new system is never easy.

I'm not a Shrews guy... but clearly we have done worse. (Looking at you, Mike Woodson)

The Woodson hire was doomed at the start imo. Nba guys never make it in college. It was just a really bad idea from he start. They tried to sell the he will get top recruits cause he wass in th nba. He got a few but not nearly enough to mask his poor coaching. He would need to be landing the boogies and queens every year to be competitive.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

The Woodson hire was doomed at the start imo. Nba guys never make it in college. It was just a really bad idea from he start. They tried to sell the he will get top recruits cause he wass in th nba. He got a few but not nearly enough to mask his poor coaching. He would need to be landing the boogies and queens every year to be competitive.  
Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They tried and imo effectively sold the nba guy who can get you to the league! The first two years They also proved that to be true imo. The problem was they forgot they needed to be able to coach up young talent. Woodson was able to gather talent but this staff alot like other bad teams can't coach them up!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk