Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Hoosier Hysteria - Sept 29th, 2018. Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm

It was exciting because IU basketball is so close!  It was a little disorganized and boring at times, but it was fun too.  Today's dunk contest was the most competitive in a long time.  The scrimmage was fun too.  Fitzner is money, Devonte is improved, Romeo is really good at basketball.  What was the exciting announcement that Archie teased earlier?

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Jake Forrester plays hard and has a nose for the ball.

i like Jake Forrester.

Agreed.  I liked his scrimmage.  Interesting that Hunter started over Smith in the scrimmage too.

Our Starting Lineup:
Al Durham
Devonte Green
Romeo Langford
Juwan Morgan
Evan Fitzner

*From the scrimmage Fitzner and Race Thompson looked good, Romeo looked athletic as hell, but the biggest thing was that Smith is definitely not going NBA after this year despite his 48” vertical

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, NRT137 said:

Our Starting Lineup:
Al Durham
Devonte Green
Romeo Langford
Juwan Morgan
Evan Fitzner

*From the scrimmage Fitzner and Race Thompson looked good, Romeo looked athletic as hell, but the biggest thing was that Smith is definitely not going NBA after this year despite his 48” vertical

Race Thompson is strong and if I’m not mistaken seems to have a significant mean streak. 

We’ve needed guys that other teams are gonna hate for a while now. I think he may be one of those. 

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Did they parade the recruits in front of the crowd again?  There was no coverage of recruits during the stream

No, they didn't. There was a cheer as Trayce was sitting down, but it wasn't fun like last year, and no one was looking for it. Even worse, since recruits weren't really acknowledged, there were no cheers for them.

Anyway, it was all fine. Justin Smith should have won the dunk contest, but the crowd lived Romeo even though he was missing his duks. You could see on the jumbotron the guys weren't thrilled with that.

I can't believe how many times Fitzner managed to get open during that short scrimmage. He was on fire. Clifton was twice as good this year. Better passes, better awareness. Rob will definitely be a pass first guy. Jerome dies not play like a perimeter guy. Combo forward is probably the best description of his style. 

Romeo didn't look great. He and Jerome seemed to be going hard at each other. 

14 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

No, they didn't. There was a cheer as Trayce was sitting down, but it wasn't fun like last year, and no one was looking for it. Even worse, since recruits weren't really acknowledged, there were no cheers for them.

That's disappointing.  Today was not anything that would blow anybody away.  

I don’t know about this recruitment. None of them look tall enough to guard the PGs in the league

I will have to say the little girl is in the 99th percentile in height and is another lefty! Hopefully they both out grow me at 6’2”, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Josh said:

It was exciting because IU basketball is so close!  It was a little disorganized and boring at times, but it was fun too.  Today's dunk contest was the most competitive in a long time.  The scrimmage was fun too.  Fitzner is money, Devonte is improved, Romeo is really good at basketball.  What was the exciting announcement that Archie teased earlier?

I believe it was the Oladipo Zeller Legacy Lounge.

1 hour ago, NRT137 said:

Our Starting Lineup:
Al Durham
Devonte Green
Romeo Langford
Juwan Morgan
Evan Fitzner

I'm not sure we can infer anything after a 15 minutes, clock running scrimmage, about what anyone will do in real games this year.

Gotta always remember, Curtis Jones best game, by far, came in his 1st game.