Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Game Thread: Indiana at Iowa 2 PM ESPN

1 hour ago, cappymo14 said:

What a game! On the road, I’m taking it all day long. Don’t know where our rebounding went today but, I think some of it was just bad luck bounces. My heart definitely swelled a bit when Green hit Freddie with that pass late. 2 guys who have struggled in that situation all year, found each other and made a play when we needed it most. Robert Johnson, lights out. What a fantastic performance. Stay hot now. Oh, and you owe me a new remote for my TV. It’s sticking out of the wall after your free throw attempt. Collin Hartman and Zach won’t show up in the box score, but gave all they had on D. I’m cool with that all day long. Great game Hoosiers, very proud of you today and everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

great post, i want to see Hartman hit a shot  so bad.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why are you surprised it came down to the final possession? 9v22 FTA, Morgan, Smith, McSwain all in foul trouble because they were within the vicinity of Cook. Big Ten

Morgan played passively for the majority of the game. Some of that is trying not to get close to Cook and foul out. (When has an offhand been allowed to keep another player down when you get the rebound, again rhetorical)

Great great games by Johnson and Green. I believe Johnson plays better with Green running things.

We did enough to get the win. Only 10 turnovers, Newkirk with 3.. Shot lights out from deep, who saw that coming?

9 conference wins. We will be no worse than the 7 seed in the BTT. Need to win at Nebrasketball.

I have been really hard on Rojo this year, but I was so happy for him today and he actually smiled.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think with an offseason of him going hard everyday he could improve enough to play on the wing. We need to be able to play him at the three. That outback dunk was ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He has a decent shot from mid-range, so maybe he can move it out a bit over the off season.

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Green ain't going to give up the pg spot that easy next season. Would love to see him and phinese in practice against each other next year.

He's been lights out recently except for a little lapse against Illinois. That pass he made to Freddie late was amazing.

11 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I’ve watched a lot of college basketball and nobody can tell me we’re not playing top 30 good. Unfortunately our stupid early loses, will kill us. IU can beat anyone currently in CBB on a neutral court. Not any great teams ...

I guess we will just have to beat Vandy in the NIT. 

If Green and Rojo play well there’s no reason why we couldn’t win a NIT tournament.

Love how we are playing and competing lately. We don't really have the horses but we are finding a way.

Devonte finally turning into the guy i bragged him up to be. Morgan is that dude. Loved that dunk and reaction near end. RoJo hitting today was tremendous!

I’ve watched a lot of college basketball and nobody can tell me we’re not playing top 30 good. Unfortunately our stupid early loses, will kill us. IU can beat anyone currently in CBB on a neutral court. Not any great teams ...

We will have a chance to show folks who we are down the stretch. It sure would be nice to see us get a couple wins in the BTT

7 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

So how long before Franny Mac gets fired? I know expectations for Iowa are never that high, but he is sucks as a coach...

Agree. Who in the B1G is more talented than Iowa? Mich St for sure and.........I'm not sure anyone else is. They've got a lot of very solid players but zero chemistry. Something wrong there- and sadly I think we all qualify as experts at recognizing talented teams that under-perform, right?

Something that popped in my head after today's game. Would we rather sneak into the NCAA tournament and lose maybe in the second round, or would we rather make a deep run in the NIT?

Sent from my Pixel using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably the nit since the ncaa seems unrealistic. However you always take the ncaa if you can.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Something that popped in my head after today's game. Would we rather sneak into the NCAA tournament and lose maybe in the second round, or would we rather make a deep run in the NIT?

Sent from my Pixel using BtownBanners mobile app

I'll probably get crap for this, but I'd rather make a run in the NIT with this team. We're (hopefully) not going to be in this position very often, so I'd like to make a run in it when given the opportunity. I also have this weird appreciation for the unusual twilight-atmosphere that exists in non-NCAA postseason basketball games. 

Also, it would be funny as hell if Purdue's season ends in mid-March and we're still playing games two weeks later.