Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Don't like that line "I am surprised as anyone with what is going on." CAM has been around enough big time college basketball to know better. He might not have realized the scope of it but certainly knew it was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So what does he say? “Oh yea I’ve know about this forever!” Whether or not he knew, he can’t say anything but that. If he knew and just didn’t say anything, but wasn’t involved he would get killed for that. He can’t give a perfect answer to all of this because there is no perfect answer.

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Don't like that line "I am surprised as anyone with what is going on." CAM has been around enough big time college basketball to know better. He might not have realized the scope of it but certainly knew it was going on.

I think he's just surprised on how it came out. Everyone knows cheating occurs. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And the wealthy woman in the park that has her purse stolen is "mostly at fault" because she won't willingly share her money with the guy that robs her?

If anything, the NBA is in some degree at fault for the one and done rule. BUT, the rules are clear, and the schools and players/families know what they are.

A player doesn't want to play NCAA basketball (which, by the way, provides free tuition, room and board, books, meals, and more @$$ than a toilet seat)? Do what Brandon Jennings did and go play out of country for full pay immediately.

In my opinion that's a bad analogy.  If you're going to put it that way then the fan in the stands wearing the jersey with [insert number here] is stealing from the player's [insert number here] wearing it on the field/court market value. And just handing over the cash to the NCAA/school.  In other words, the wealthy woman is the elite athlete and the guy robbing her is the NCAA/School.  It works both ways.

All those NCAA enticements apparently aren't good enough for the elite athletes.  And capitalism doesn't care about the rules. Isn't that the root cause of the investigation here?

Edited by Lebowski

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't like it either. Come out and say, "We have no reason to believe we are involved, and we are very disappointed that the NCAA has allowed this to happen."

That's the fireball I want some coach to throw haha

Fwiw there are other tweets that show the full text better. That line was in relation to his brother and Zona.

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I don't like it either. Come out and say, "We have no reason to believe we are involved, and we are very disappointed that the NCAA has allowed this to happen."

That's the fireball I want some coach to throw haha

We wouldn't sniff a 5 seed or lower (5-1)  for the next 10 years if he said that. 

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

12 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Fwiw there are other tweets that show the full text better. That line was in relation to his brother and Zona.

Or maybe not, actually...

Media preview

I didn't know in what context or question he responded to. He shouldn't really know everything that is going on at Arizona. It's not his job.

In response to everyone else. He doesn't have to say anything. Any coach who says they had no idea cheating was happening is flat out lying. Anyone with half a brain knows that it was rampant. They might not have known to what degree but they knew.

Context though. As a coach with a national reach you won't start throwing people under the bus. I have yet to hear a coach say anything more than the generic you know it's going on. That was when it was a NCAA thing. Now it is the FBI involved. You don't want gray area and bring them to your doorstep. Coaching is a fraternity and right now that fraternity is scared to death. You don't know what they will find and you don't want to know. Best to keep them away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Dakich doesn't know anything about who's telling what to the FBI but it is a solid guess. Hope he presented it as a guess and not fact.

Everything that spews from his mouth is the truth according to him, lmao!

But to sort of support that, I posted yesterday that Dickie V. was on ESPN radio in Louisville and said that he has heard that one of the indicted has started to sing, and major U's are at risk. I would venture to say that ol' Dickie V. knows exactly what coaches are paying who!

I wonder how you bring this up? Does the kid do it or the coaches? If i had talent and was offered money i would have turned that school in and played for a clean university. Does these family's have any morals these days? I bet most the big schools are clean it looks like a tactic to gain a edge by smaller schools imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app