Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

Dont get me wrong Im glad Lousiville is going down but I REALLLY want to see UK or Duke get caught up in this.

I personally don't want to see any team get caught up in this. Glad it's being outed, but wishing it upon other teams isn't really a road I want to go down. Could easily be us as well.

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Coach 1 is Jordan Fair from Louisville, supposedly Kenny Johnson is not apart of this investigation.

My question here would be relative to "guilt by association". If a school like Louisville is one of the first dominoes to fall, and slick Rick is the first head coach to get axed, and at least one of the assistant coaches on Pitino's staff is implicated, how can one, with a straight face, claim that other assistant coaches are not involved to some extent? And I define "involved" to include everything from having their fingerprints on the evidence, to even knowing that something was going on. There are sins of commission as well as sins of omission... and when the cesspool is this deep, is one really more egregious than the other?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I personally don't want to see any team get caught up in this. Glad it's being outed, but wishing it upon other teams isn't really a road I want to go down. Could easily be us as well.

For me, it's not so much about "wishing it upon other teams", as much as it is wishing that the other teams WHO ARE DOING THE SAME THING also get hammered for their actions.

Another interesting angle to this, Adidas and presumably the other shoe companies effectively damaged programs they have contracts with to promote ones that were willing to "play the game" with them. If I'm the innocent programs under the Adidas umbrella, I'm hitting them hard about contracts.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

For me, it's not so much about "wishing it upon other teams", as much as it is wishing that the other teams WHO ARE DOING THE SAME THING also get hammered for their actions.

If it does it does, but innocent until proven guilty.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

My question here would be relative to "guilt by association". If a school like Louisville is one of the first dominoes to fall, and slick Rick is the first head coach to get axed, and at least one of the assistant coaches on Pitino's staff is implicated, how can one, with a straight face, claim that other assistant coaches are not involved to some extent? And I define "involved" to include everything from having their fingerprints on the evidence, to even knowing that something was going on. There are sins of commission as well as sins of omission... and when the cesspool is this deep, is one really more egregious than the other?

Guilty by association is very plausible. It is said that KJ was not apart of the document, but another associate coach was mentioned without a name or codename. I'm just overly curious as to what this will do to Slick Rick, if it is true that he is "coach 2"?

Another interesting angle to this, Adidas and presumably the other shoe companies effectively damaged programs they have contracts with to promote ones that were willing to "play the game" with them. If I'm the innocent programs under the Adidas umbrella, I'm hitting them hard about contracts.

Yep. There could be quite the changing of the guard on teams and their shoe companies

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, wirenuts said:

Yep. There could be quite the changing of the guard on teams and their shoe companies

Almost no reason to change right, since both AAU and EYBL are about to be rocked it seems, but these "clean" schools will definitely have ALL of the leverage.

Almost no reason to change right, since both AAU and EYBL are about to be rocked it seems, but these "clean" schools will definitely have ALL of the leverage.

No reason to change unless one of those companies makes a much better offer. Or a new company makes their way into the fold. Looking at you, big baller brand!

Head coaches know everything that goes on with their program, AD's know everything that goes on within their department, and university presidents know everything to happens at their university. Tone at the top either allows or prevents cheating and misconduct of this complexity at all levels. Everyone in the chain of command is complicit in this, in my opinion.