Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

It's like buying a piece of meat and cooking it as soon as you get home and eating it. Sure it will be good and will fill you up, but you could taken that piece of meat and stick it in a marinade for 24 hours and eat it the next day and have a far better tasting and juicy piece of meat. A little preparation and patience is many times worth the wait.

I know this isn't the point but personal preference is marinade for about 5-7 hours over 24 hrs. Making me want a good grilled steak now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Man, Archie has been incredible so far. He came in and hired a top notch staff. Kept all three of our recruits. Kept every current player except for Gelon and the three NBA guys. Got Hartman to come back. Got De'ron to stay on campus all summer. Just added a top 100 player to this class. I don't think there's anything that he realistically could've done better. 

He's definitely better than Crean. I can say that with absolutely no hesitation

Great pickup! Good start by Coach Miller to land a top 100 player. I like his game and there aren't an abundance of quality inside guys to recruit right now. He has a year to get used to the speed of the game and gain strength and muscle plus is a great insurance policy in case of unforeseen injuries. I like that he will get to practice with and against our current players for a season and he will be ready on day 1 next year. Seems like a heady player and a good passer --nice outlets---and brings a wicked hook shot to the inside game. I am sure it had to be tough to say no to Minny where his dad was a legend--Welcome to Hoosier Nation Race....you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think he did. Or Kelvin Sampson. Or Mike Davis

I'm there with ya man haha. Gotta have the beer

Hartman was leaving Creek transfered and Roth wasnt given a 5th so I believe that would bring the effective redshirt rate to a big fat 0 under Crean.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Welcome to Hoosier Nation Race!

Congratulations Race and welcome to IU! I personally don't like the redshirt in Basketball because of scholly limitations vs football as one reason. Another is the 1 and done rules. With Race's skill set, if he comes now I think he can help now. He has size, bball IQ, and a shot that will get better. We can use another post player also. He reminds me of a Matt Nover/ Eric Anderson type which is a helluva compliment in my book. 

I just don't like bringing in a guy that isn't gonna contribute to that year's team. There wasn't any reason to bring him in now

Still don't get why you can't understand the simple reasoning here.

With Race = high quality player that gets to practice against college players instead of Minnesota high school players. He gets to develop and train with state of the art facilities, equipment and coaches instead of high school gyms and workout rooms. He gets a head start by using an open scholarship that was otherwise going unused.

Without Race = scholarship not being used whatsoever. That's it.

1 minute ago, bhaggard89 said:

Still don't get why you can't understand the simple reasoning here.

With Race = high quality player that gets to practice against college players instead of Minnesota high school players. He gets to develop and train with state of the art facilities, equipment and coaches instead of high school gyms and workout rooms. He gets a head start by using an open scholarship that was otherwise going unused.

Without Race = scholarship not being used whatsoever. That's it.

I'll tell you what I've told everyone else and that's we'll see. He's a good player and a good get. I just don't get reclassifying just to redshirt