Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

10 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I'll tell you what I've told everyone else and that's we'll see. He's a good player and a good get. I just don't get reclassifying just to redshirt

He wouldn't be seeing the court until 2018 regardless. You think he'd be better off playing high school this year? That scholly wasn't getting used. It's already been said multiple times, and he'll be better off than coming in new next year.

Welcome to the Hoosier Nation, Race! Didn't see the re-class coming, but excited to see a Top 100 recruit getting to come in a year early as a Redshirt and gain a wealth of knowledge and experience! This could end up being a really good thing.

I don't get how the whole "reclassifying" deal works. At my high school -- granted, that was 30 years ago -- you had all kinds credit and course requirements you needed to satisfy before you could graduate. And you couldn't take a handful of those courses until you were a senior; hence, there was no way you could graduate early or "reclassify" or move up a class. I could've dropped out any time I wanted, I suppose, but I still wouldn't have satisfied the school's requirements to get my diploma. I hope someone more intelligent than me -- that won't take much -- can enlighten me. 

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't get how the whole "reclassifying" deal works. At my high school -- granted, that was 30 years ago -- you had all kinds credit and course requirements you needed to satisfy before you could graduate. And you couldn't take a handful of those courses until you were a senior; hence, there was no way you could graduate early or "reclassify" or move up a class. I could've dropped out any time I wanted, I suppose, but I still wouldn't have satisfied the school's requirements to get my diploma. I hope someone more intelligent than me -- that won't take much -- can enlighten me. 

He can take the courses he needs over the summer and be on campus in the fall.

If you want to, you can request to and take those senior classes earlier, meeting your credit requirements earlier. Also you can earn credits by taking classes online which are fairly easy and one could have multiple classes knocked out in one summer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Things have sure changed since I went to school. If I could have graduated early, I certainly would have, but way back in the 60's that was impossible.

Three top 100 prospects in a month would be an incredible accomplishment. It appears Miller's done it in a couple of days. Of course, that's only the payout...the recruiting has been going on for some time.

Welcome to IU, guys! May you hang many banners over our hardwood.

11 hours ago, KB0 said:

He can take the courses he needs over the summer and be on campus in the fall.

OK. Makes sense. I wonder if my high school has changed its policies, because when I was there, you couldn't graduate early. And the senior courses that were required for graduation could only be taken by seniors. I'm guessing by now, they've relaxed that policy, but would have no idea. 

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

OK. Makes sense. I wonder if my high school has changed its policies, because when I was there, you couldn't graduate early. And the senior courses that were required for graduation could only be taken by seniors. I'm guessing by now, they've relaxed that policy, but would have no idea. 

Oh I am betting its a special exemption for athletes

I teach in high school and kids today can graduate in 3 years pretty easily.  Many who go the 4 years, in our h.s. can finish their core 40 plus have 12 or more college credits. Our school system is trying to come up with the possibility of graduating with an associates degree.  This is my 45 year ,so yes, it's changed a lot. No required " seat time" any longer, so kids can finish classes in weeks via computer...

Edited by iamaparker1