Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

8 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Why do people think we read a post and decide to comment, and then read through everything else to make sure no one has answered ?

If I feel compelled to comment, I comment. 

(I hope no one has already said this)

Plenty of people commented that the photo was in the mirror, and I didn't have any response. But someone, by commenting on my post, was telling me the photo was reversed. I was simply saying that yes, I realized that. 

And I'm very proud of you that if you feel compelled to comment, you comment. Good for you. 

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Plenty of people commented that the photo was in the mirror, and I didn't have any response. But someone, by commenting on my post, was telling me the photo was reversed. I was simply saying that yes, I realized that. 

And I'm very proud of you that if you feel compelled to comment, you comment. Good for you. 

Alrighty then....

6 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Isn't he only 6'7"? I really hate being undersized in the post......

6'8 so we would still be undersized unless Davis or Forrester can contribute because I'm not counting on Moore or a grad transfer at this point. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Obviously it wasn’t intentional, but TJD’s complimentary statements about Race were also a pretty brutal, though accurate, statement on the issues with playing next to  Brunk. 

Nice read on Race. Anybody can have a great game. Let's hope yesterday was a prelude to many great games over his final two seasons ... 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/11/30/the-perspective-behind-race-thompsons-dominant-afternoon/?fbclid=IwAR2RuQpZaa7M93RIy-a2z5Dn2S3mAWWQFE5yS8Zx-zJKq6ZrmybD8D-_UMM

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Nice read on Race. Anybody can have a great game. Let's hope yesterday was a prelude to many great games over his final two seasons ... 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/11/30/the-perspective-behind-race-thompsons-dominant-afternoon/?fbclid=IwAR2RuQpZaa7M93RIy-a2z5Dn2S3mAWWQFE5yS8Zx-zJKq6ZrmybD8D-_UMM

When you hustle, play physical, and play smart you don't necessarily have to put up the stats to effect the game.  I believe we have a similar player on the wing in Galloway.  Hopefully, this becomes the norm for the entire roster and not just one or two players.

3 hours ago, ramadden13 said:

Devonte Green did an interview with the Assembly Call and when Jerod asked him who he thought would thrive in Woodson’s offense, he picked Hunter and Race.

He specifically said that Race is a good shooter who can definitely make that outside shot as a stretch 4. Stuck out to me because a lot of people have questioned if Race fits with this new offense.

Devonte also said that generally guys didn’t feel comfortable shooting under CAM because they’d get berated about it. Very interesting pair of interviews with him.

Exactly -- have been saying this for Hunter for some time, he's a shooter/scorer whose game was significantly limited by CAM's offense (offense that was, well, offensive). A lot of people are sleeping on Hunter, and not saying that's not fair, questions remain about  whether he'll have that free-flowing game back with his game legs at 100%, but I do think he has a real shot at having a much improved year under Woody's floor-spacing, inside-out and get out and gun offense. CAM's "offense" killed the outside game.

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

Exactly -- have been saying this for Hunter for some time, he's a shooter/scorer whose game was significantly limited by CAM's offense (offense that was, well, offensive). A lot of people are sleeping on Hunter, and not saying that's not fair, questions remain about how whether he'll have that free-flowing game back with his game legs at 100%, but I do think he has a real shot at having a much improved year under Woody's floor-spacing, inside-out and get out and gun offense. CAM's "offense" killed the outside game.

The stuff he said about CAM’s philosophy that 3 pt shots should only come late in the shot clock makes me want to tear my hair out.

"Coach Woodson has put his trust in me, wants me to be really aggressive, just do what I have been doing and more," Thompson says.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/8/11/mens-basketball-thompson-indiana-set-to-showcase-basketball-possibilities.aspx