Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I usually try to make it a point to welcome new posters but in your case I'll make an exception.

Man and I was holding my breath till you did. Darn not my day.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

A quick tangential giggle for you all:
A post from Rupp Rafters from a thread about the IU coaching search:

"Well you know there iU fans for a reason , there not very smart lol !!"

Maybe you can educate them on the difference between there and they're...

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Reminds me of when we used to be "rivals" with Illinois and their fans were always on our boards, they lost to Western Kentucky in the first round and I got an angry PM from one of them saying "Your a stupid inbread! IU sucks!" 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Talk about not very smart, oof.  Their grammar teacher should be locked in a closet until he/she can explain what happened there.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Reminds me of when we used to be "rivals" with Illinois and their fans were always on our boards, they lost to Western Kentucky in the first round and I got an angry PM from one of them saying "Your a stupid inbread! IU sucks!" 

Fun fact about Indiana, according to state law, you are allowed to marry your first cousin. The more you know.

I don't have the exact quote, but yesterday Glass said something about presenting the next head coach with a pool of assistants they can select from. Can someone clarify if I'm off on this?

That said, who are the assistants you most like to see at Indiana? Given the speculation regarding their future head coaching abilities, I want Dane Fife and Calbert Cheaney on the bench.

I don't have the exact quote, but yesterday Glass said something about presenting the next head coach with a pool of assistants they can select from. Can someone clarify if I'm off on this?

That said, who are the assistants you most like to see at Indiana? Given the speculation regarding their future head coaching abilities, I want Dane Fife and Calbert Cheaney on the bench.

I thought he just meant the new coach wouldn't have to worry about being able to pay his assistants well. Not that IU would have a group of names he had to choose from.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Agreed.  I really like the idea as Fife as head coach, but definitely not right now or any time soon. 

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

My assistant coach preferences list:

• Michael Lewis
  • Jamie Young   
  • Jay Larranaga
  • Jerome Allen    
  • Micah Shrewsberry  
  • Walter McCarty
  • Matthew Graves
  • Terry Johnson

That oughta cover it. ;)

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My assistant coach preferences list:

• Michael Lewis
  • Jamie Young   
  • Jay Larranaga
  • Jerome Allen    
  • Micah Shrewsberry  
  • Walter McCarty
  • Matthew Graves
  • Terry Johnson

That oughta cover it. ;)

Completely forgot about Michael Lewis.  He's another guy that could be in the main chair in the future.