Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I could see it. Just gotta step his recruiting game up big time. Hoping Sean can help him out in his secrets.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Him and his brother are very similar. Both took over mid majors and made them strong programs. Sean then went to Arizona and has done a pretty good job. Archie will do the same for IU

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You want me to name 1?

Tony Bennett. I've said it all year long.

Also, for ME, I'd have taken Alford. (Couldn't because 1/4 of IU fans hate him) but he would have been successful with the fanbase behind him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I have to ask honestly, how much of Alford was recruiting for you? Dude can recruit with resources obviously. I think you overrate how important recruiting is to the sport. Alford isn't a good coach, great recruiter, bad defensive coach, mediocre at coaching offensively gets better talent so he looks better, and not really known as a great X's and O's guy. I want a coach, not a guy who can get kids, but not get the most out of kids

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

If not him then who? It's all about timing. The timing was that Crean definitely needed to go and miller was one of the best coaching prospects on the market. 

I honestly don't know.   I think Miller is a good coach.  I am just having a hard time reconciling making him a top ten paid coach when he hasn't gotten top ten results.  

Him and his brother are very similar. Both took over mid majors and made them strong programs. Sean then went to Arizona and has done a pretty good job. Archie will do the same for IU

Damn you're great at switching teams. Billy Donovan who? Had the Archie pump up posts ready to roll!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully I see Archie down here in New Albany Monday afternoon following the press conference, heck he could take a slight detour and drive through on his way to B-town instead of flying.

Last I checked, that it not on the way from Dayton.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Damn you're great at switching teams. Billy Donovan who? Had the Archie pump up posts ready to roll!

boot,

i respect you greatly. please tell me why miller is the man for iu?

hes's been on my top 10...but....