Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So, has anyone heard anything from Albers today??????????

http://albersangle.com/indiana-hires-archie-miller/   

I would have thought that Albers would have made his first comment one of apology for spreading the Donovan stuff yesterday! 

1 minute ago, jmsgws said:

http://albersangle.com/indiana-hires-archie-miller/   

I would have thought that Albers would have made his first comment one of apology for spreading the Donovan stuff yesterday! 

I am going to tell you right now Albers was fed this information by someone well respected in the Kentuckiana sports media. Maybe we should back off a bit, eh? 

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

He was below Stevens, Donovan, and Bennett for me. Those were the proven guys who I believe cashed the check Fred wrote when he fired Crean. Out of the group of young guns that have a lot of potential, I actually preferred Mike White over Archie.

Things I like about Archie:
1) AdjD increased every year since he arrived in Dayton, till this year it regressed slightly from 9 to I believe 41
2) Young and exciting with potential. Unlike Crean, I don't think we've seen his ceiling, and he has time to learn.
3) Comes from a basketball coaching family and played PG at the collegiate level, so he has a strong background and lifetime of exposure.

Things I don't like:
1) Worried by the AdjO regression while at Dayton. Inconsistent at best, and never put together an elite offense.
2) Potential also equals risk, and nothing he's done before promises any kind of future results. Would have preferred one of the sure fire guys listed above.

Overall, I'm excited. This is a positive step forward from a toxic situation with Crean. With Deron and Devonte hopefully back next year, plus any combination of the rest of the team returning, I believe we have a talented team that will do what their new coach has always done: exceed expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you. I appreciate the post.

I'm also worried about the offense. The recruiting concerns me as well. His classes don't look that impressive..

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

Ok, the hire is growing on me every minute, especially after this-

'But as far as dealing with the stuff that comes with the Indiana job, he’s going to take the approach of `You can take your Internet and all your whatever and you can shove it up you’re a** and I’m going to do my job. I’m here to win games.’’’

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-miller-has-the-coaching-chops-and-the-personality-to-handle-the-iu-expectations‬

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Link doesn't work. I need all the literature I can get to be excited about this hire. 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

I am going to tell you right now Albers was fed this information by someone well respected in the Kentuckiana sports media. Maybe we should back off a bit, eh? 

I see no reason to back off at all. He reported this as truth, and true Trumpian fashion doubled down and tripled down multiple times.  He didn't report this as a maybe, he reported it as a fact.  

A journalist that doesn't admit the mistake loses all credibility.

What I like in this hire the most is the youth.Give him some time and he will get us where we need to be.I really think he's a better coach then his brother.Let him prove themself and not go crazy with extensions until your sure Fred.Welcome aboard Archie!

After the initial shock and honestly some disappointment--I have dug into some info on Miller and I am warming up to the hire. High offensive output like Crean but much more emphasis on defense. I think Alber and others had us believing it was Donovan and it takes a while for that to wear off. We almost all agreed it was time to give someone new a chance after Crean and a Miller hire would have been much more popular before all the Donavan hysteria started. Let's give Miller a chance Hoosier Nation. Miller's a good coach and a Hoosier now and will have my support to get us back to greatness. Let's get to work...

I see no reason to back off at all. He reported this as truth, and true Trumpian fashion doubled down and tripled down multiple times.  He didn't report this as a maybe, he reported it as a fact.  

This is probably the biggest fail for him, but he's also just known for being a complete hack when it comes to reporting things

2 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

And perhaps he firmly believes the guy was on campus. I am telling you I know where the source of the intel comes from. I'd believe it too. 

3 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Dana O'Neil is actually really good. One of ESPN's best in covering CBB imo.

I respect your opinion.  Reporters have a conflict of interest.  Their primary job is to write stories to sell adds and get clicks, period.  In order to write the story, you have to have access.  AN honest opinion which isn't favorable to the subject the story is about, seriously reduces access, reduced access, very limited stories.  This IU hire is a BIG STORY, everybody wants access, therefore, I would imagine every story will be positive. In today's age, the story will, in most instances, be written in a way which doesn't jeopardize the reporters ability to earn a living.  My .02

4 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

And perhaps he firmly believes the guy was on campus. I am telling you I know where the source of the intel comes from. I'd believe it too. 

Then if he wants to gain any credibility back, he needs to name his source, and make an apology.  In IU circles, he stepped all over himself in a big way.  He probably should have double and triple checked the source, before making the type of claim he made, and then when the info started coming out about Donovan being at practice, should have either gone silent, or given up some kind of proof.  

I've never met Justin, and he could be a really good guy, but as a reporter........ 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:24 AM, Brass Cannon said:

I stopped reading pretty early on. But yes IU can outbid the thunder. UK is paying Cal more than the thunder will pay Donovan. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:26 AM, stre8186 said:

This was about 2,000 words of nonsense and conjecture.  Donovan to IU is highly probable at this point.  BD will make far more over a 7-10 year span at IU and also have job security that will not exist in OKC, especially when Westbrook opts out next season.

Derp...