Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Neither Dayton nor Wichita State deserved to go home on the first weekend. Dayton got pretty screwed with their draw.

Also, while we can talk about Archie's last of consistent impressive tourney success, the fact is he's taken a program that was used to going to the tournament every once in a while and taken them to 4 straight NCAA tournaments including an elite 8. (4 tournament appearances over 4 years, Dayton had been rewarded with 4 total appearances over the last 8 years before he got there). That's a solid body of work anyway you slice it. 

I know some people have concerns about his recruiting, but it's a lot easier to attract talented players to IU than it is to Dayton. 

1 hour ago, jmsgws said:

Then if he wants to gain any credibility back, he needs to name his source, and make an apology.  In IU circles, he stepped all over himself in a big way.  He probably should have double and triple checked the source, before making the type of claim he made, and then when the info started coming out about Donovan being at practice, should have either gone silent, or given up some kind of proof.  

I've never met Justin, and he could be a really good guy, but as a reporter........ 

You don't name your source. Especially when the source is this individual. Sure fire way to alienate yourself from them. 

So...from what i have read so far on here is that most are ok with his defense, but no so impressed with his offense and recruiting.  This means that we will from losing games in the 70s-80s to losing games in the 50s-60s with the same recruits that Crean could pull.  Great...can't wait for that.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

You don't name your source. Especially when the source is this individual. Sure fire way to alienate yourself from them. 

In this case, your source made you jump the shark.   It is a tough decision, but one source, or my living?  I guess I would burn the source, or find a new way to make a buck.  

It isn't so much the getting the info wrong, it was steadfast way he kept going, even when it was shown the source was wrong.  

So...from what i have read so far on here is that most are ok with his defense, but no so impressed with his offense and recruiting.  This means that we will from losing games in the 70s-80s to losing games in the 50s-60s with the same recruits that Crean could pull.  Great...can't wait for that.

Other than the fact that he had a lot of success when he was at Arizona recruiting, but that doesn't count right? He is lauded as a good recruiter by a bunch of analysts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Other than the fact that he had a lot of success when he was at Arizona recruiting, but that doesn't count right? He is lauded as a good recruiter by a bunch of analysts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It could count...do you know names of who he scored while there?