Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

27 minutes ago, BTOWN said:

Not sure. Just sad to see how many good players want to be here on the weekends but didn't want to play for Crean haha

Jaquan Lyle came to our little 5 party last year. Everyone was like "Doesn't he go to Ohio State" lol

Jaquan Lyle came to our little 5 party last year. Everyone was like "Doesn't he go to Ohio State" lol

Haha that's sweet. Zak Irvin, Denzel Valentine and Gary Harris were a few I remember from last year's little 5. There were others.

Constructing a staff and (re)recruiting should be Archie's main concern for the foreseeable future. The cupboards aren't bare this go around.

It would be great to have everyone return but I do believe OG should go. Hartman is most likely gone as well. If Archie could get most everyone else to return we're in business. Snagging a few recruits would be great too.

Returners:

Green/Newkirk
Blackmon Jr./Johnson/Jones
---
Morgan/McSwain
Bryant/Davis

This would leave 4 scholarships to round out the class. Keeping Smith on and adding Moore, Kostas (don't see it happening) or another wing/4 will help. Going out and landing a great point in Waters, Smith or another would also help.

Excited to see who stays, goes, and we bring in for the 2017-2018 version

20 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Would really like to see what Archie could do with Bryant as well.Think he could toughen him up quite a bit. If we brought back TB and DD I would be real optimistic about next year.

I'm confident with just DD we will be at least in the tourney. Have a feeling we won't ever have to worry about an NIT selection ever again with Archie here :)

Personally I hope Blackmon goes pro, even if he has to go to Europe. I think he's finished his degree already (correct me if I'm wrong...and I know somebody will). I expect OG to go pro. I think he's a fool not to go if the projections of mid-first-round are correct.

The idea of a Bryant-Davis-Morgan front line (with Bryant adding 30 pounds and being a muscle force inside) is already tingling my spine.

The next few weeks will be interesting to say the least. There are so many question marks. In my opinion, Bryant really should come back because he needs to seriously work on his IQ, footwork, and hands. OG should probably come back too but it seems like he's got a foot out the door. Hopefully Blackmon stays and Archie and staff are able to help him on the defensive side. Could make the difference between him being drafted and playing in Norway somewhere. 

On the recruiting side, I really like what I'm hearing about Miller. From all accounts, he's a tireless recruiter who knows the midwest.. I am hoping he can keep Moore. I really like what I've seen out of that kid. Same with Justin Smith. Waters would be a HUGE pickup if IU could somehow land him, and if Kostas follows Miller (which seems like a stretch), I'd go from unwhelmed about the 2017 class to very pleased. 

Excited to see how all of this plays out.