Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

We lose Hartman, OG, and at least two more, and pick up the three we had plus the Greek Freak 2.0?
Heaven.
Don't think there's much of a chance it will be that clean though.

I agree. Kostas could be an NBA player very easily if he has the work ethic his brother does. Add in Smith with Moore and I am thrilled. We need to geta pg too tho. Durham isnt one. If we take 5 though we are losing a cpl guys we didnt think then. Hartman, TB, OG, JBJ, Gelon, Priller to graduate transfer to play more, hopefully not but CuJo and RoJo as well. Gonna be fun to see what happens the next few weeks.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I think for DD to really shine he has to improve his athleticism, there were times last year where he really struggled to finish at the rim. Slow, unathletic post players are dying in modern basketball. 

Yeah he looks like he needs to slim down a bit and work on his conditioning.

He's 6'10" and I don't think I've ever seen him dunk.

Yeah he looks like he needs to slim down a bit and work on his conditioning.
He's 6'10" and I don't think I've ever seen him dunk.

Poor guy is just slowwwwww. Oddly, it's probably why he's such a good shot blocker and overall post player. He can't use his athleticism to overpower people (the wrong way), so he uses perfect positioning and instincts (the right way). If he adds some quickness he'll be scary.

I agree. Kostas could be an NBA player very easily if he has the work ethic his brother does. Add in Smith with Moore and I am thrilled. We need to geta pg too tho. Durham isnt one. If we take 5 though we are losing a cpl guys we didnt think then. Hartman, TB, OG, JBJ, Gelon, Priller to graduate transfer to play more, hopefully not but CuJo and RoJo as well. Gonna be fun to see what happens the next few weeks.

Priller will have to be kicked out, I think. He seems to be perfectly fine with his role here, he won't leave on his own.

6 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Odd as it may sound, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay. He's done everything asked of him. That's more than can be said for some.

I hope he stays. Sure he's not very good, but it's not his fault that Crean offered him a scholarship. He only has one year left and he works his tail off so I have no problem with him staying. 

7 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Anyone hearing how Romeo Langford is viewing the new hire? If Archie could pull a recruit like him--that changes everything and says in a big way we are back to recruiting our state big-time. Any twitter or other social media hints of interest on Romeo's part?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm very interested to hear what he thinks. We may not know much until Archie talks to him though.

Priller will have to be kicked out, I think. He seems to be perfectly fine with his role here, he won't leave on his own.

I agree. Archie probably has to have a long talk with him. Maybe he gives up his scholly to stay. We always assume that as a possibility but it NEVER happens. I just want more GOOD players top to bottom. Injuries happen and they do hurt your season but if you build your team right it doesnt mean you cant still win. Oregon, Xavier and Florida are proof of that.

I hope he stays. Sure he's not very good, but it's not his fault that Crean offered him a scholarship. He only has one year left and he works his tail off so I have no problem with him staying. 

See we all say injuries arent an excuse but want bad players to stay. Dont get it. I love Priller but we need to be able to put anyone in the game and expect only a slight drop off. I actually think Priller fits Archies style more as he uses screens a lot and Priller is pretty good at it. Archie seems to like his post players to be strong and gritty though. So idk how good of a fit it would be. I also want Priller to get a senior speech as it would be a huge ovation and fun to watch. With the injuries in the past I value every scholly the same. Some see the last one or two as projects or a guy that is there for leadership tho I guess so.

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

See we all say injuries arent an excuse but want bad players to stay. Dont get it. I love Priller but we need to be able to put anyone in the game and expect only a slight drop off. I actually think Priller fits Archies style more as he uses screens a lot and Priller is pretty good at it. Archie seems to like his post players to be strong and gritty though. So idk how good of a fit it would be. I also want Priller to get a senior speech as it would be a huge ovation and fun to watch. With the injuries in the past I value every scholly the same. Some see the last one or two as projects or a guy that is there for leadership tho I guess so.

I'm not sure how those two things have anything to do with each other. It would be the coach's fault for recruiting players that can't step in for injured guys. I'm not a fan of kicking players off the team because they aren't good. This isn't the NBA. Tim Priller was offered a scholarship and he has done everything that has been asked of him. Could we use his scholarship for someone better? Of course we could, but Priller and IU made a deal with each other. Priller has held up his end and I'd like IU to do the same. 

57 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

PG McKinley Wright is.  Borderline top 150 pick that came down to Dayton and Minnesota.  He's very upset about Miller leaving Dayton according to his tweets.

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/769692?referrer_id=198777

"The 6-foot point guard has been great all season. He’s averaging 22.9 points, 8.1 rebounds and 7.8 assists per game, all while running the show for the only remaining undefeated team in the state. It’s what makes him the 2017 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year."

Ballislife_025 is McKinley Wright.

Congratulations to Minnesota Boys Basketball Player of the Year @trejones03 @Ballislife_025 you both EARNED this prestigious distinction

C73dgBdVsAA6XDY.jpg