Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I'm not sure how those two things have anything to do with each other. It would be the coach's fault for recruiting players that can't step in for injured guys. I'm not a fan of kicking players off the team because they aren't good. This isn't the NBA. Tim Priller was offered a scholarship and he has done everything that has been asked of him. Could we use his scholarship for someone better? Of course we could, but Priller and IU made a deal with each other. Priller has held up his end and I'd like IU to do the same. 

If players are allowed to leave if they dont get the playing time they want then it is the same thing. Players are asked to leave everywhere it is part of it. Doesnt mean it is the NBA it is college basketball more so. The last few years have broken the record of players transferring each of the last few years. Priller and IU didnt make a pact either it was Priller and Crean. If Archie wants to use that extra spot then go for it. Crean has kicked plenty of players of the team the last few years and those were his guys. I have no problem with Archie deciding to let anyone of our players go.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If players are allowed to leave if they dont get the playing time they want then it is the same thing. Players are asked to leave everywhere it is part of it. Doesnt mean it is the NBA it is college basketball more so. The last few years have broken the record of players transferring each of the last few years. Priller and IU didnt make a pact either it was Priller and Crean. If Archie wants to use that extra spot then go for it. Crean has kicked plenty of players of the team the last few years and those were his guys. I have no problem with Archie deciding to let anyone of our players go.

Didn't Glass give all athletes a 4 year guarantee at IU if they don't want to transfer? Priller and Crean can be head cheerleaders if he doesn't find another job.

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Just because Crean would recruit over guys and force them out doesn't mean Archie has to. After all the years of Creaning I'd really like to get away from it. If he could get everyone from last year to come back that would be great imo, and signal to the rest of college basketball that IU is a program that is in good shape and not turmoil. 

Just because Crean would recruit over guys and force them out doesn't mean Archie has to. After all the years of Creaning I'd really like to get away from it. If he could get everyone from last year to come back that would be great imo, and signal to the rest of college basketball that IU is a program that is in good shape and not turmoil. 

I would too. Didnt say that, it is Archie's right though and these aint his kids. He is at a elite job and is expected to produce elite results. All these ppl on here and all over saying he better do this or that right away make it to where if he is gonna take heat I would rather him do it how he wants to. Kinda hard to say he should compete for a B1G title when only one kid(Kostas) seems to be his guy and that is if he brings him. I have learned that Crean did the right thing to much and was too nice too much and it left him standing on the outside. If Archie wants to keep the whole team thats awesome. If not that is his choice to. He is coaching for his job everyday he is here. We have Gelon and Priller which are two non factors. If you have a 8 man rotation and you lose a guy or two those end of the bench guys are key. I never said I wanted Priller to go I just think he will because he doesnt fit any of Archies teams in the past. He has one year left so I would rather see Gelon gone if either. We cant just waste schollys though. If they dont produce some sort of results by junior year or show flashes then your doing it to yourself.

Every team has transfers every year man if we lost a kid or two I highly doubt anyone in the country would think we were in turmoil lol. I think we are safe seeing how U of L and UNC as well as SMU and other schools have a lot more going on than we could imagine anytime soon and you barely see it affect their programs if at all. Archie runs a clean program and will continue too. If he decided to go another route with a few kids I think 90% of the people would understand and I dont expect it to be a habit as this is his first year coming in. This isnt like it is his 4th year here wondering this things.