Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 hour ago, Miller said:

That emoji doesn't say I'm leaving to me at all, but who knows. I really doubt he'd say he was leaving through an emoji.

What was your user name before?  I'm trying to get caught up around here!

We've moved on from tracking planes and dissecting their paths to tracking emojis and breaking them down. I love this place. Hopefully these emojis are meaning these kids are buying in to what CAM is saying.

No days off around here !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If Archie has a good first year here, you gotta wonder how big that will be for his recruiting. The fanbase is excited and if he takes over Crean's roster and has them playing really good basketball that will make the entire country take notice. Honestly he has a lot of talent too. Assuming one of Rojo/JBJ stay (even better if both stay), and TB stays as rumored our roster is looking like a starting 5 of:

Green

Johnson/Blackmon

Smith

Morgan

Bryant

with Davis/CuJo/Newkirk/McSwain/Durham (I think he'll stay) off the bench

Has there been any news of Archie talking with Justin Smith? He's the one recruit i would love to see here. Its strange that we've heard him reaching out to Durham and Moore, but not Smith.

52 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

If Archie has a good first year here, you gotta wonder how big that will be for his recruiting. The fanbase is excited and if he takes over Crean's roster and has them playing really good basketball that will make the entire country take notice. Honestly he has a lot of talent too. Assuming one of Rojo/JBJ stay (even better if both stay), and TB stays as rumored our roster is looking like a starting 5 of:

Green

Johnson/Blackmon

Smith

Morgan

Bryant

with Davis/CuJo/Newkirk/McSwain/Durham (I think he'll stay) off the bench

I will be very disappointed if either Johnson or Blackmon start or play a significant role next season.

4 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Who would you expect to start over them?

Anyone on the roster.  Those two don't care one bit about playing defense, and neither have improved since they were freshmen.  Or not much.   Blackmon is an incredibly selfish player; and Johnson is equally lazy.  They've had 3 years to show what they are; and they have.  

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Anyone on the roster.  Those two don't care one bit about playing defense, and neither have improved since they were freshmen.  Or not much.   Blackmon is an incredibly selfish player; and Johnson is equally lazy.  They've had 3 years to show what they are; and they have.  

Rojo played D last year. He just didn't care about this season cause Crean had lost the team. 

22 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Has there been any news of Archie talking with Justin Smith? He's the one recruit i would love to see here. Its strange that we've heard him reaching out to Durham and Moore, but not Smith.

I would be extremely surprised if Archie hasn't talked to him yet. He's the only guy left in the class right now and he's the best of the three. He still has iubb all over his Twitter so maybe he's already told Archie that he's staying. That's just my random guess based off him not asking out of his commitment yet and hearing that he has reached out to the other two already. 

image.thumb.png.8300039c8afc2b284950b9d70e8f464d.png