Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I'd rather have Tom Jurich. Sure, he's had some turmoil there. But they are ranked top 10 in every single sport. It's unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Hell no. I could do without the scandals and the NCAA living on our campus.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, seihoosier said:

I foresaw all of this the day Crean was hired.   I was not impressed with his hire.  Last name anyone ever expected.  I looked at his Marquette record and that was all I needed to know.  Needed a future NBA All-Star to finish 1st or 2nd in the mighty Conference USA.  7 out of 9 seasons finished with double digit losses, only 2 were DWade years, imagine that.  See any correlation here??   Outside of age, I still don't see why everyone is so luke warm about Gregg Marshall.  All the guy does is win.  I don't care if it's the MVC.  His teams have finished 1st 11 out of 19 years and 1st or 2nd 16 out of 19 seasons.  By comparison, Mark Turgeon, who preceded him at Wichita State, finished 1st once and 2nd twice out of 7 seasons. It wasn't like he dominated the MVC.  I will stop the love for Marshall, cause clearly I'm in a small percentage.  I'd settle for Donovan DWS.  

I know this article is not quite 3 years old, but tells the story plenty that IU isn't in this writers top 20 programs over the past decade 2005-2014.   And the past 3 seasons would elevate IU any higher.  C'mon Freddie boy, pull the trigger.  

Good post on all fronts. Crean wasn't qualified and all Marshall has done is win. He's the old man at 50 lol, but he could lead us for a decade or two. I would be very happy with him, Donovan, or Archie. I hope we wouldn't need to look further than those.

I'd rather have Tom Jurich. Sure, he's had some turmoil there. But they are ranked top 10 in every single sport. It's unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

He's the John Gotti of ADs. He's Teflon Tom. Nothing and I mean NOTHING sticks to him or his programs. Mainly because he won't hold them accountable. Drugs, DUIs, hookers, gun shots, extortion scandals etc.

Could you imagine hookers (edit: any of those problems above) at IU? Self imposed sanctions would be automatic, unless we were winning. Winning solves everything if you're Tom Jurich.

Going to UofL and living in Louisville for 12 years, I've grown to not have much respect for him or the University.

So much IUBB news to come soon.

Coaches gone or not.

Players gone or not.

Current Croots gone or not.

Potential Croots to come......

I'm ready!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We will be very busy these up and coming months. I can't wait! It's like a new beginning.. hopefully

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

Thanks, I tried could not figure it out and deleted since it said nothing intelligible. 

No prob, mine screwed up and posted like 6 times after I hit send. This is exciting, but not that exciting lol.