Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Bob Kravitz says firing him was a mistake LOLOL

what a casual.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Both him and Doyle are just trolls who spend more time thinking up the most click baity titles for their next articles than they do actually writing them, probably. 

I'm taking a preliminary guess that the cup is always half empty in your eyes, or you're a sophomore at Purdue 

For the record I'm 66, hate Purdue almost as much as I hate Kentucky and both Pitino coaches, live in Atlanta and went to the NIT game Tuesday night, my first chance to see an IU team live since the Peach Bowl here in Atlanta in the 1990s. I went to IU in the late 60s-early 70s, was a sports writer for both Bloomington newspapers (before the Courier-Tribune folded, I'd moved to what was then called the Herald-Telephone, now the Herald-Times). I was there when Knight was hired, wrote the headline "The Mighty Quinn Coming to IU" the day we landed Buckner, covered the press conference when McGinnis went to the Pacers, and was in the middle of knowing thousands of things about IU basketball that happened before the vast majority of those on here were born. So...sophomore at Purdue missed it by almost half a century, and, frankly, I saw the last five years of Crean as a glass more than half full or I wouldn't have said I thought it was a bad decision. You are welcome to try for strike three, though.

I gave my opinion that I think it was a bad and unfair decision to fire Crean. No matter who we hire, I will not change that opinion. Nor will I refuse to support the Hoosiers no matter who coaches them, even if we decide to rehire Dakich or, God forbid, Lord Voldemort.

Holtmann post game comments...

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Tom, and I’ve got a lot of respect for how his team plays,” Holtmann said. “I (also) had a close friend lose a job not too long ago at Illinois.

“We all get into this knowing the deal. Do I disagree with those decisions? Absolutely. Absolutely I do. Am I biased? Do I disagree with the decision at Illinois? Absolutely. They don’t care, but I know hard that guy works and how committed he was to his players and that he was really close to turning a corner.

“Everyone wants to be (in the NCAA Tournament). And when you’re not here, people get upset.”

Holtmann post game comments...

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Tom, and I’ve got a lot of respect for how his team plays,” Holtmann said. “I (also) had a close friend lose a job not too long ago at Illinois.

“We all get into this knowing the deal. Do I disagree with those decisions? Absolutely. Absolutely I do. Am I biased? Do I disagree with the decision at Illinois? Absolutely. They don’t care, but I know hard that guy works and how committed he was to his players and that he was really close to turning a corner.

“Everyone wants to be (in the NCAA Tournament). And when you’re not here, people get upset.”

Someone asked him in post game presser about Crean being fired? Kind of a weird question to ask a guy in that situation. 

Someone asked him in post game presser about Crean being fired? Kind of a weird question to ask a guy in that situation. 

Yeah, I don't really understand this either. What kind of answer do they expect?

Guys, I'm telling ya, he isn't hiring no slouch this time.  U can tell by his demeanor that he is goin' top shelf this time around.  He wants Indiana bball back.  Be prepared to be effin' extatic with this hire.   

There are only 2 home run hires to be had.  It would probably take a King's ransom to get the first one out of Boston and he's already said no so take him off your list.  Donovan is the only remaining one.  I guess it could happen but I don't see it.  I'm hoping for Marshall but I'd settle for a Miller brother.  Let's all just hope it isn't Alford.