Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I'm just ready for Crean to either get an extension or fired because this board will be BOOOOOOMIN! Fun times, Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can already see the meltdowns when posters with no avatars and single digit post counts show up to share what their "sources" told them. 

2 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I'm just ready for Crean to either get an extension or fired because this board will be BOOOOOOMIN! Fun times, Fun times

Another Crean extension.... Man, I don't want that thought in my head let alone for it to be reality. We'd all get nice little vacations and there wouldn't be anyone left to post.  

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Take me back to the days where we were tracking the University plane to see who they were interviewing.

Need to see the plane take off for Boston..emoji102.png

Hopefully not the days of tracking the plane during the Moses Abraham recruitment.  Dark times.

Another Crean extension.... Man, I don't want that thought in my head let alone for it to be reality. We'd all get nice little vacations and there wouldn't be anyone left to post.  

They might as well just shut this board down if he gets an extension. All hell would break! A lot of curse words for sure

I'm on the fire him wagon aswell.

But..

If he is fired it's going to be bad pub imo. Winning the big last year and losing Hartman, og, and juwan for some games will be brought up, you can believe that.

The talking heads seem to like crean and I just see it looking bad for IU if we do indeed let him go.

1 hour ago, HoosierRob said:

But..

If he is fired it's going to be bad pub imo. Winning the big last year and losing Hartman, og, and juwan for some games will be brought up, you can believe that.

The talking heads seem to like crean and I just see it looking bad for IU if we do indeed let him go.

I don't think so. He's had 9 years and he's failed to build a perennial contender or have even 1 magical run. The guy hasn't done his job. Why do you think he's have so much trouble selling his snake oil lately Recruits are onto him you bet your butt that other coaches know he has underachieved. 

I don't think so. He's had 9 years and he's failed to build a perennial contender or have even 1 magical run. The guy hasn't done his job. Why do you think he's have so much trouble selling his snake oil lately Recruits are onto him you bet your butt that other coaches know he has underachieved. 

The issue is he will probably make the tourney this year. Even if he flames out next year might be ok if tb comes back and hartman. But after that the bottom will drop out fast. Recruiting is not good but Fred will need to make a decision soon. Will crean coach next season without an extension? He may ask fred extend me now or I leave.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, HoosierRob said:

But..

I'm not sure it'd be as bad as you think.  He's had 9 years to show what he could do with the resources.  Plus places like IU have high expectations (and they should), which he hasn't met.

But..

The talking heads always promote the HC even when the Syracuse and UNC news broke you have the announcers praising the coaches all game. They get inside info to help during broadcasts from the HC and that helps during games. The talking heads also are made up of slot of fired HCs and they protect their own regardless.

A program like Indiana NEEDS stability. In order to fire Crean, it would have to be for someone who can come in, take over, and be here for the long haul. Whether there are ups and downs or not. This thread was nowhere to be found at the beginning of the season. Now that IU has had some struggles and the Sweet 16 hangover and win over Kentucky are gone, people want Crean out. Who's to say the next guy doesn't come in and have ups and downs? The "it's Indiana" argument doesn't really work anymore. Been almost 30 years since the last Championship. 15 years since the last Final Four. Most of the teams who win National Championships are teams with coaches who have been around for a good length of time at the same program. 

10 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Who's to say the next guy doesn't come in and have ups and downs? 

The next coach may have ups and downs. Or, he may be consistently great. We know Crean isn't constantly great and never will be. Why keep trying something that obviously won't work?