Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: Foster Farms Bowl - IU vs Utah 8:30ET on FOX

For everyone saying horrible offense, I think that is completely disrespecting Utah's defense. That is a defense with lots of NFL talent on it and a top notch coaching staff. Yards weren't going to come easy tonight regardless.

They had turnovers, we had turnovers. Special teams was the difference. Their kicker had two kicks that barely went in, ours missed one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bad clock management. Should have used the timeout earlier. 

It was. But it was *still* lightyears better than Wilson's. We would've somehow had negative timeouts at that point with him. We'll get over the hump next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I appreciate his effort, coming here etc., but the fact is we would have won a few more with a Suds type QB.

He was not helped by special teams etc....

With this defense Suds might've won us 10 games. 

It was. But it was *still* lightyears better than Wilson's. We would've somehow had negative timeouts at that point with him. We'll get over the hump next year.

I was 21 the last time IU won a bowl game and 17 the last time the basketball team won a national championship. I'm running out of "next years"!

Idk if the coaching staff had an arrangement with Zander or anything to keep him from being out there much and getting hurt, but I would've liked to see him play more tonight. I also would've liked to see Camion and Natee get on the field. Oh well, I guess /:

In any event I think we have a great coach in the making. It was refreshing listening to him discuss the game with Fisch rather than listen to canned cadence responses. Coach A. said "these close games stink and that's what we're going to work on."

So how much different was the offense run with Allen. I know it has come out that he wants to run the ball more and be more reliant on that. But given our roster that would only be so doable, and given they only had a month to get ready. Or was it essentially what we've seen all year.

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Aren't people in the know really high on King?

Didn't people say he had issues grasping the play book or something like that? Lagow has a lot of the physical tools, but it sounds like if that is why people are high on King it'd be a lot of what we just saw this past year.... kind of

Just now, KingPG21 said:

So how much different was the offense run with Allen. I know it has come out that he wants to run the ball more and be more reliant on that. But given our roster that would only be so doable, and given they only had a month to get ready. Or was it essentially what we've seen all year.

Seemed more conservative hence reduced turnovers considering the quality of defense we faced.