Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs MSU Game Thread 1/23 8:30 FS1

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Technically, yes.  Co-leaders are 6-2.  Note of interest is that Michigan State is 6-2 but has only played three road games.  IU is 5-3 and has played four road games.  Illinois is in really good shape as they are 6-2 and have played 4 road games.

And MSU is 1-2 on the road with the only win being at Northwestern. They have some tough road games left to play and will come back to the pack in my opinion based on their showings at Purdue and IU. Definitely dont see them as head and shoulders better than the rest of the B1G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The B1G is just stupid this year and we are nearly half way through and still have no idea who is likely to win the conference. I personally think it'll either be MSU or MD but honestly I wouldn't be shocked if either or both of them finish 4th-6th

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Great win for our squad.

Positives-
1. We won
2. Played hard
3. Played mostly smart BB
4. Brunk and TJD
5. Durhams 3
6. MSUs missed bunny
7. Phinisee controlling the game
8. Paint play

Negatives
1. Our offense doesn’t allow much room for error.
2. We continue to not shoot well.
3. Green and Smith
4. Losing momentum and huge lead.

Imo MSU not your normal MSU but nonetheless that’s a huge win. We need 2-0 this week because next week reads 0-2 to me.



Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The B1G is just stupid this year and we are nearly half way through and still have no idea who is likely to win the conference. I personally think it'll either be MSU or MD but honestly I wouldn't be shocked if either or both of them finish 4th-6th

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
 

I think it's safe to say the winner of the conference will have AT LEAST 6 conference losses.  I know the conference has moved to a 20 game schedule but 6 losses for a conference champion just feels odd.  This conference will have a ton of teams between 8 and 12 wins, maybe as many as 11 or 12 teams..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hard fought win. Wish these guys would figure out if you hit FTs things get a little easier.
Honestly didn't think any of their FT strokes looked bad. Just didn't go in. Maybe I missed some but some times it just doesn't go your way. As a whole for the season yes you're right but tonight they just didn't seem to roll out way very often

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow. Great win for our squad.

Positives-
1. We won
2. Played hard
3. Played mostly smart BB
4. Brunk and TJD
5. Durhams 3
6. MSUs missed bunny
7. Phinisee controlling the game
8. Paint play

Negatives
1. Our offense doesn’t allow much room for error.
2. We continue to not shoot well.
3. Green and Smith
4. Losing momentum and huge lead.

Imo MSU not your normal MSU but nonetheless that’s a huge win. We need 2-0 this week because next week reads 0-2 to me.



Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5. Durhams 3s (one at the end of the first half to get lead to 7 and one in the last few minutes)

Negatives

2. leads to 1.

We're not a team built on shooting well enough to blowout other teams or make a big comeback. 

The team has to:

1.  play with great effort

2.  outrebound the opponent

3.  get buckets at the rim or in the lane

4.  be smart and not turn the ball over

We did most of those pretty well in this game.  MSU went bananas (in terms of percentages) from deep in the second half.  We were able to overcome that by not turning it over and getting the ball to the rim.  The few outside shots helped to provide a little room down low.  We will live or die in the next few months on those 4 things listed above.  If we do those well we have a chance to have a little postseason success.  If we fail to do those things well we'll be on the bubble or packing it up early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archie had these kids ready to go! Not perfect on game transitions, but exhibited some solid strategy (changing screens up last couple of plays, etc.). Also appreciate how he has continued to play big line up - even in the face of criticism - creating team commitment and continuity. They were all in together tonight! That makes a difference, and personifies Hoosier ball!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deserthoozier said:

Archie had these kids ready to go! Not perfect on game transitions, but exhibited some solid strategy (changing screens up last couple of plays, etc.). Also appreciate how he has continued to play big line up - even in the face of criticism - creating team commitment and continuity. They were all in together tonight! That makes a difference, and personifies Hoosier ball!!

 

And that freaking slow start...

I don't think IU wins this game if we didn't start well.  This team seems to be learning, slowly but they're taking steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 8bucks said:


Similar- I moved from the couch to the foot stool to watch the last minute of the game. It was my fault Phinisees pass was late to TJD so went back to the couch just in time for the defense stop.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I did my part by turning the game off for two minutes when we first fell behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I did my part by turning the game off for two minutes when we first fell behind.

I did the exact same thing, then turned on Fisch and everything fell into place. I’ve actually found myself listening to way more games than watching this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Indiana is now 3-1 against ranked teams.   All but Maryland (1), Minnesota (3), Nebraska (1) , and Northwestern (3) have played at least 4 games against ranked opponents.  Know who in the Big Ten has a better record against ranked teams than Indiana?   Nobody. 

That early schedule - which gave a young and healing team time to grow - all of a sudden doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Wait, Maryland and Nebraska have only played one game against ranked teams?!  How in the hell have they done that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Proud of the effort I saw, made me proud that this is the team I root for.

Why not bring that energy every game? If we did we would be undefeated


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep, That is all I ask. Play hard all the time. Mistakes will still be made and shots might not fall, the other team can get hot or just be better, but compete consistently every game and A) you'll win a LOT of games B) I won't gripe much about the losses.

 We've seen enough of it from this team to know it's not a fluke, they have the ability, just bring it every night. I like this team. If they develop a killer instinct and want to step on the opponents gonads and spit in his eye then I'll LOVE them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wait, Maryland and Nebraska have only played one game against ranked teams?!  How in the hell have they done that?

Saw it on a sheet posted by Tom Brew on Twitter....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×