Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

For sure, I just don't think it's likely at all that Michigan pounds Bama. Either way, and it's just my opinion, I'd rather see Michigan/Bama than Michigan/FSU without Travis. That game probably looks a lot more like the B1G Championship did this weekend than a CFP semifinal.

Also, Bama had some grinders in the SEC, but no one is talking about FSU struggling with average to below average Boston College, Clemson, and Miami with Travis.

I prefer a defensive battle but that's just me.

Everyone is talking about how FSU never lost a game this year. Even without Travis, good defense be damned. 

23 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sure. And got whooped at home by Texas, struggled to beat South Florida at home, struggled to beat Auburn, struggled to beat Arkansas, struggled to beat Texas A&M.

Texas beat them by 10 points and Alabama led going into the fourth quarter…. We can play the “they had close games against meh teams” with any of the top teams this year. Michigan barely beat Maryland. 7 of Washington’s last 9 wins have been by one possession. Florida State struggled with Boston College, Michigan, and Clemson (before they lost Travis). Texas barely beat Kansas State, Houston, and TCU. 

As it stands today, do you think FSU is a better team than Alabama? 

9 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I prefer a defensive battle but that's just me.

Everyone is talking about how FSU never lost a game this year. Even without Travis, good defense be damned. 

I also love a defensive battle, never said differently. To my eyes, Alabama gives Michigan a better game than FSU would have and that's really all I care about. FSU got screwed and deserves to be mad, but I'll let them handle the moaning. They'll probably go and beat Georgia too when half of the Dawgs' roster declares for the draft and sits out, but it won't change anything.

I think both semis will be great.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Texas beat them by 10 points and Alabama led going into the fourth quarter…. We can play the “they had close games against meh teams” with any of the top teams this year. Michigan barely beat Maryland. 7 of Washington’s last 9 wins have been by one possession. Florida State struggled with Boston College, Michigan, and Clemson (before they lost Travis). Texas barely beat Kansas State, Houston, and TCU. 

Better maybe not. But Florida State did their work and won every game and won the ACC. But Clemson? Clemson is 8-4 and the committee has them in the Top 25. That's somehow bad on FSU? They struggled against Miami. But that's still a better team than USF, Auburn or Arkansas. So you're saying that FSU struggling against Boston College(6-6), Miami(7-5) and #22 Clemson(8-4) are equivalent to struggling against USF(6-6), Arkansas(4-8) and Auburn(6-6)? Texas' are more comparable I guess with Houston(4-8) and TCU(5-7). But Kansas State is #25 and 8-4.

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I also love a defensive battle, never said differently. To my eyes, Alabama gives Michigan a better game than FSU would have and that's really all I care about. FSU got screwed and deserves to be mad, but I'll let them handle the moaning. They'll probably go and beat Georgia too when half of the Dawgs' roster declares for the draft and sits out, but it won't change anything.

I think both semis will be great.

You probably loved that Chargers/Patriots game yesterday 6-0

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hate the argument of who’s the best team, because it’s completely subjective and there’s no actual way to determine it, so stop using that as the chief metric. 

Do I THINK Alabama is better than FSU? Yes, but FSU won every game and earned the right on the field to prove that. These stupid predictive measures should not matter more than wins and losses, nothing should. 

Most people thought Oregon was better than Washington, which is why they were nearly double digit favorites in the PAC Championship. Yet Washington won, GAMES HAVE TO MATTER. We are robbing FSU of the chance to prove anything. 

It’s just absurd we’ve determined there are more important factors to who qualifies for a chance to compete for the national championship than wins and losses.

This isn’t a P5 vs G5 argument, we are comparing the ACC to the SEC, and by the way, the ACC has a winning record on the year versus the SEC. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I hate the argument of who’s the best team, because it’s completely subjective and there’s no actual way to determine it, so stop using that as the chief metric. 

Do I THINK Alabama is better than FSU? Yes, but FSU won every game and earned the right on the field to prove that. These stupid predictive measures should not matter more than wins and losses, nothing should. 

Most people thought Oregon was better than Washington, which is why they were nearly double digit favorites in the PAC Championship. Yet Washington won, GAMES HAVE TO MATTER. We are robbing FSU of the chance to prove anything. 

It’s just absurd we’ve determined there are more important factors to who qualifies for a chance to compete for the national championship than wins and losses.

This isn’t a P5 vs G5 argument, we are comparing the ACC to the SEC, and by the way, the ACC has a winning record on the year versus the SEC. 

“Best team” isn’t any more subjective than “most deserving team.” Why does FSU deserve it? Does Liberty deserve it this year? Did UCF “deserve” it in 2017? 

I mean, if you remove subjectivity, the BCS had Alabama at #3 and FSU at #4 instead of Texas. So Alabama still would’ve gotten in, but the 12-1 Big 12 champion that beat them wouldn’t have been. 

https://twitter.com/cfbnerds/status/1731665352541581396?s=46&t=LoczziaTWuqlhvyvHGT92A

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“Best team” isn’t any more subjective than “most deserving team.” Why does FSU deserve it? Does Liberty deserve it this year? Did UCF “deserve” it in 2017? 

I mean, if you remove subjectivity, the BCS had Alabama at #3 and FSU at #4 instead of Texas. So Alabama still would’ve gotten in, but the 12-1 Big 12 champion that beat them wouldn’t have been. 

https://twitter.com/cfbnerds/status/1731665352541581396?s=46&t=LoczziaTWuqlhvyvHGT92A

You’re making nonsense comparisons and you know it. 

Does Liberty deserve it? No, because they didn’t beat a single P5 team the entire year and have zero top 25 wins and one of the weakest SOS’s in the entire country. 

Is that a good comparison to FSU who beat two SEC teams, won every game they played, including multiple top 25 wins, and completely throttled LSU on the way to doing that? That’s a solid comparison to Liberty? Really? 

FSU isn’t in a G5 conference. If Alabama’s exact resume is replaced with the name Indiana, is anyone deluding themselves into thinking we’d jump FSU?

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Texas was moved to 3 to put Bama in. Texas should have been 4. FSU 3. Plain and simple. FSU got jobbed for money and money only.

Let's not forget that Alabama didn't just get beat soundly by Texas, they got beat soundly by Texas at home

I've heard the argument that basically says Alabama is a different team now because that happened in week 2. Okay, then, when do losses start to count? Week 3? Week 6? When? I thought the whole season was supposed to count but I guess not.

Final Four Heisman candidates are set.  Michael Penix, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Marvin Harrison Jr
It would sicken me if the SEC slurping biased this list like it did the Playoff field
I'm sure Daniels will when it but penix is the only one that actually deserves it. Only 18 yards on Indiana should be an automatic disqualification

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk