Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

im curious if Romeo will look at the NFL draft when considering the timing of his announcement. 

If I had to bet I think it will be the week of 4/16-4/21. Not sure if they do a weekday or weekend announcement. I just can't see them waiting till the 30th to announce but that wouldn't surprise me. Not sure when he is going to visit IU but I would imagine it will be in the next week. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If I had to bet I think it will be the week of 4/16-4/21. Not sure if they do a weekday or weekend announcement. I just can't see them waiting till the 30th to announce but that wouldn't surprise me. Not sure when he is going to visit IU but I would imagine it will be in the next week. 

4/16 - 4/21 is only a couple of weeks away so if that is the date, I would think there would be some announcement with details soon.  #TheEndIsNear

1 minute ago, InArchWeTrust said:

4/16 - 4/21 is only a couple of weeks away so if that is the date, I would think there would be some announcement with details soon.  #TheEndIsNear

Yeah his All-Star games will be done on the 13th. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but don't they announce the Mr. Basketball in late April now? That's another reason I don't think they wait until the 30th. I'll root for the guy wherever he goes. Really think he is better than his #5 ranking even though that is really good. One of the best players to come out of Indiana in a while. I also think he will be a stud in the NBA. He will be a perennial all-star. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah his All-Star games will be done on the 13th. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but don't they announce the Mr. Basketball in late April now? That's another reason I don't think they wait until the 30th. I'll root for the guy wherever he goes. Really think he is better than his #5 ranking even though that is really good. One of the best players to come out of Indiana in a while. I also think he will be a stud in the NBA. He will be a perennial all-star. 

Just did a quick google search... Indy Star announced Kyle Guy on 4/28 and Kris Wilkes on 4/27. So, 4/26 and 4/27 would fall in line with the previous two announcements.

3 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Just did a quick google search... Indy Star announced Kyle Guy on 4/28 and Kris Wilkes on 4/27. So, 4/26 and 4/27 would fall in line with the previous two announcements.

Yeah I can't see him waiting until then. I'm pretty sure it's an award show too. 

24 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If Romeo won't announce his choice for two -- possibly three -- more weeks, how will we keep this thread going? After 550-plus pages of speculation and conjecture, we're bound to run out, aren't we?. ... Oh, wait -- nevermind! 

I'm sure it'll be more of the past 20 pages on loop .... who's an insider vs. who's not an insider ... why our insiders are better than their insiders .... with the occasional rumor sprinkled here and there (though not often!)

41 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If Romeo won't announce his choice for two -- possibly three -- more weeks, how will we keep this thread going? After 550-plus pages of speculation and conjecture, we're bound to run out, aren't we?. ... Oh, wait -- nevermind! 

Page count will really ratchet up once Romeo sets his visit date, as the visit date approaches, during the visit, after the visit and, as the visit becomes further in the rear view with no word.

1 hour ago, Cheaney40 said:

I'm sure it'll be more of the past 20 pages on loop .... who's an insider vs. who's not an insider ... why our insiders are better than their insiders .... with the occasional rumor sprinkled here and there (though not often!)

My insider can beat up your insider!!

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I guess it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things what Romeo decides to do. I still think it’ll be IU though. But they’ll probably still suck anyway

You think probably? So you are saying there is a chance we won't suck? Nobody is expecting a banner next year with or without RL. We will be much above average next year based on the improvements made throughout this season. 

27 minutes ago, Whojainjawja said:

You think probably? So you are saying there is a chance we won't suck? Nobody is expecting a banner next year with or without RL. We will be much above average next year based on the improvements made throughout this season. 

Right now the are a lot of unknowns (Romeo, grad trans, incoming frosh, etc) and variables (improvement of Smith, Green, and others) but I think they have the potential to be really good. I'm hoping at least.