Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

If the desire to be OAD is driving the decision, then UK is probably the place for him. Our program is never going to be built on that type of player. The right culture and experience will be our path to success. We need talented players who are going to be here for multiple years. I trust the staff to find those players who will lead us to sustained success.

Edited by cthomas

Some maybe underestimating the influence of family. If I spent countless hours working with my son putting him in the best possible situation his whole life. UK misses on some guys and they say the opportunity for your son is now . We will make your family very wealthy. That would be hard to pass up. I hate it but mom and dad going to be tough to beat out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

UK is still in on Hurt too, right?  More playing time questions at UK.  If I were a 1 and done, or even a 2 and done, I'd want to know where I will be showcased and get the most playing time possible.  While nothing is a guarantee on playing time, I think he's just another 5* at UK.  Best of luck to the kid on whatever he decides.

Just now, InArchWeTrust said:

UK is still in on Hurt too, right?  More playing time questions at UK.  If I were a 1 and done, or even a 2 and done, I'd want to know where I will be showcased and get the most playing time possible.  While nothing is a guarantee on playing time, I think he's just another 5* at UK.  

I really wonder how much longer Cal can sell this snake oil about UK being special about helping you get to the NBA. 

That being said the real value I thought with KBJ wasn’t in 2020 it was in 2021. So if he’s dead set on OAD. Might be better off with Beverly long term. Like how we are without a doubt better with off with Phinisee over Garland 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I really wonder how much longer Cal can sell this snake oil about UK being special about helping you get to the NBA. 

I think this phenomena peaked in 2015 and has been trending downward ever since. He might still go to more Final Fours and maybe hang another banner, but Kentucky doesn't rule college basketball like they did 4-5 years ago.

Sadly, there are still recruits and their families who think playing for UK and Calipari is a meal ticket to a guaranteed NBA contract. It's disappointing that Brooks and his parents appear to be among them, but this is one of the byproducts of people valuing money above all else.

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think this phenomena peaked in 2015 and has been trending downward ever since. He might still go to more Final Fours and maybe hang another banner, but Kentucky doesn't rule college basketball like they did 4-5 years ago.

Sadly, there are still recruits and their families who think playing for UK and Calipari is a meal ticket to a guaranteed NBA contract. It's disappointing that Brooks and his parents appear to be among them, but this is one of the byproducts of people valuing money above all else.

I think we as a fanbase reeeeeaaaally want this to be true. But unfortunately its just not. He'll be able to sell this snake oil as long as it continues to be true. UK has 25 players in the NBA, the overwhelming majority of which played for Cal, and 12 of the 25 have entered the NBA since 2015. Duke can claim they are right there recently, but if a kid is looking for a path to the NBA, Cal can still sell that "snake oil" better than anyone. I hate it, and I really wish it wasn't true, but it is. 

Edited by NashvilleHoosier

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I think we as a fanbase reeeeeaaaally want this to be true. But unfortunately its just not. He'll be able to sell this snake oil as long as it continues to be true. UK has 25 players in the NBA, the overwhelming majority of which played for Cal, and 12 of the 25 have entered the NBA since 2015. Duke can claim they are right there recently, but if a kid is looking for a path to the NBA, Cal can still sell that "snake oil" better than anyone. I hate it, and I really wish it wasn't true, but it is. 

Every single one of them could have gone to Dayton to play for Archie and still would have made the NBA. UK had nothing to do with getting to the NBA. 

I think it peaked because Dook started playing the game and did it better. (Dook is higher on the anime pecking order)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Every single one of them could have gone to Dayton to play for Archie and still would have made the NBA. UK had nothing to do with getting to the NBA. 

That may be true. But we're talking about what Cal can sell. He can sell that. Do you honestly think its a good sales pitch to a recruit to say, "yeah but most of those players could have come to play for me somewhere else and still been in the NBA."? That's a pretty lame selling point. 

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

That may be true. But we're talking about what Cal can sell. He can sell that. Do you honestly think its a good sales pitch to a recruit to say, "yeah but most of those players could have come to play for me somewhere else and still been in the NBA."? That's a pretty lame selling point. 

Of course not. But that means he’s selling snake oil. There’s nothing special about UK when it comes to the NBA. It boggles my mind people can’t see that. How Alford fooled Wilkes with the same lies boggles my mind even more

Just my opinion, if Rob hadn’t gotten hurt, he’s our best playmaker by now.  I’m not sure he isn’t anyways.  Scoring we need, but scoring becomes easier if we have a shooter or two to spread the floor.  

I 100% agree. No one will ever convince me that all these injuries we have had were a major contributing factor with the poor play for 13 games, Especially RP's injury.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Hunter may never play. He needs another backup.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The scary reality is Archie has to plan that way. The doctor's don't know at all since it is a condition. Now, that doesn't mean Jerome can't light it up and be a B1G POY someday. 

The scary reality is Archie has to plan that way. The doctor's don't know at all since it is a condition. Now, that doesn't mean Jerome can't light it up and be a B1G POY someday. 
Yep but some people dont seem to get that. They dont seem to understand how serious it is.

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Yep but some people dont seem to get that. They dont seem to understand how serious it is.

This is like the opposite of Race and Rob. We don’t have a clue how serious it is. Yet it’s all doom and gloom.