Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Who will be ranked higher in preseason polls? Probably both very close.

B1G should have Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, MSU, OSU, and maybe Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois in top 25.

Incredible conference this season!

Don't forget the Hawkeyes. Iowa with Woodbury, Uthoff, Joc and Gessell will be better than Illinois.

B1G should have Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, MSU, OSU, and maybe Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois in top 25.

On paper we look good.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I could just as easily see us at the bottom of that list as the top.

I think its nut cuttin time in the Btown.Time to man up and meet this challenge.

Ohio State is going to struggle next year.

I view Swanigan to Purdue similar to if IU were to get Thon Maker. I think in both cases there's a 50/50 chance that it works out great and the team goes on a Big Ten Title/deep tourney run and a 50/50 chance that it ruins chemistry and is a total disaster. The upside is probably worth it, but the downside is just as likely.

Purdue fans should be ecstatic today, but I have big questions about how Swanigan, Hammons and Haas are going to mesh and co-exist. I'm not sure Hammons will be happy about giving up touches in the post, as this is his last chance as a college player to impress NBA scouts. Will Haas be happy with a smaller role? While he'll still be Hammons back-up, there will be times Purdue will need to play smaller and will put Swanigan at the 5, which takes away from Haas' minutes.

Great get for Purdue, but definitely some question marks too.

I view Swanigan to Purdue similar to if IU were to get Thon Maker. I think in both cases there's a 50/50 chance that it works out great and the team goes on a Big Ten Title/deep tourney run and a 50/50 chance that it ruins chemistry and is a total disaster. The upside is probably worth it, but the downside is just as likely.

Purdue fans should be ecstatic today, but I have big questions about how Swanigan, Hammons and Haas are going to mesh and co-exist. I'm not sure Hammons will be happy about giving up touches in the post, as this is his last chance as a college player to impress NBA scouts. Will Haas be happy with a smaller role? While he'll still be Hammons back-up, there will be times Purdue will need to play smaller and will put Swanigan at the 5, which takes away from Haas' minutes.

THIS! I totally agree BGleas and feel the same way about Maker---could be homerun--could be a strikeout.  But I guess if the big hitter is willing to come---you have to let him go to the plate and take a swing!

Quote from his guardian Roosevelt Barnes, a Purdue grad. "Caleb wants to bring a national championship to Purdue."

Boggles my mind that someone would decommit from Michigan State and flip to Purdue because they want to win a National Championship. Makes no sense.

And this whole guardian thing is so shady. 

Agree. Although as you have mentioned in previous posts, I really don't see Swanigan being able to play the 4. He's a 6'7ish plodder who would get destroyed by other B10 4s. He is best suited for the center position and at his height it just isn't very doable. I'm really not scared at all by this signing and I'm willing to bet purdue finishes lower this year than last with the strength of the conference.

Agree. Although as you have mentioned in previous posts, I really don't see Swanigan being able to play the 4. He's a 6'7ish plodder who would get destroyed by other B10 4s. He is best suited for the center position and at his height it just isn't very doable. I'm really not scared at all by this signing and I'm willing to bet purdue finishes lower this year than last with the strength of the conference.

but Painter may be wanting to play big. With Hammons and Swanigan on the floor then they have good size. They have Haas and Swanigan. Heck he might go with Hammons and Haas now that he has Swanigan. They're going to be a load to handle down low. They won't be speedy but they should have a very good defense.