Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Kyleweberiu

Stan and Troy

finally we get the meat of this story. This adds up much, much better than "homesickness"

I cannot tell you how much CTC was involved. I would hope that he didn't know much. I could imagine a Freshmen not wanting to rat out a teammate, but I know for fact this is what went on. I would say he was homesick, but it was largely due to the way he was treated by Troy. This basketball had the entire teams signature on it and was stolen from underneath his bed. Great group of friends Troy is hanging out with.

If you guys really think CZ is going to star in the NBA you guys are delusional... unless you are a truly transcendent talent then you need to gain experience in college. It's not about just a degree but experience. Cody is a great talent with good skills but will never be a star. In that case you should always stay IMO. Money isn't everything

Troy ran Luke out of town. He locked him out of his dorm room to smoke weed with his posse. Luke had a basketball stolen from his room that he was going to give his Grandpa at Christmas and that was the last straw. So Troy is hurting this team in more ways than people even know.

If true, that makes me dislike Troy even more

TW was not the problem. He was a bit out of control at times but was the only big who could get to the basket.The effort is there, the head needs to catch up.

For those who thought CH was the solution, the Cards aren't cupcakes. He was completely over matched and will be against athletes.

Hanner stepped up. Keep working and improving. EH needs time and must play alongside HP against bigger teams. YF cant lead your team in rebounding.

Stan has no confidence. Time off really hurt his play. Needs to figure flow and not force it. Trying to figure his role.

JB, Rob, MH played like frosh 1st road game. NZ disappeared 2nd half.

With Devin out, need some April minutes if for nothing but space and fouls.

YF has to take charge and lead when we get loose with the ball. Needs to get to next level.

Overall we could have cashed out early but didn't. Really thought press would cause us problems with to's but not the case.We miss DD's tenacity.

Disappointed ....yes, expected result....yes, will we learn from this loss....time will tell.

Don't forget that CZ SHOULD still be on this team... Maybe NV also. Both players weren't physically (also maybe not refined enough) ready for the leap when they made it. I can't put it all on coach TC. He did the recruiting, players just didn't stay. You can throw LF in that mix also

I don’t really want to go "there", but since you brought it up...

Cody and Noah were gone to the NBA - no question. There is no way either of them was going to stay at IU for 4 years. Period. And it’s Crean's job to recruit replacement to keep the cupboard "stocked". The fact that Fischer is gone is, IMO, the result of the team "chemistry" issues (not the ability to get along and mesh as a team, but the chemical abuse) - which also falls squarely on Crean's shoulders. You can’t afford to have players toking up the place and running off talented kids who really want to be a part of your team.

finally we get the meat of this story. This adds up much, much better than "homesickness"

That’s not a new version of what happened. It was widely circulating at the start of the season when The Toke Twins were serving their suspension. As far as I am concerned, the "homesick" story never added up.

Troy ran Luke out of town. He locked him out of his dorm room to smoke weed with his posse. Luke had a basketball stolen from his room that he was going to give his Grandpa at Christmas and that was the last straw. So Troy is hurting this team in more ways than people even know.

WOW!

That's some deep stuff there

If you guys really think CZ is going to star in the NBA you guys are delusional... unless you are a truly transcendent talent then you need to gain experience in college. It's not about just a degree but experience. Cody is a great talent with good skills but will never be a star. In that case you should always stay IMO. Money isn't everything

Wait, so unless you're going to be a star you should stay all 4 years in college? Yeah, doesn't work that way anymore. Based on that logic unless you plan on being the number 1 overall pick then don't even consider coming out early. And you have no idea what financial situation these guys are coming from, saying "money isn't everything" doesn't apply to everyone equally

man...I've lost my cool tonight..
I'm gonna put myself in timeout...

I'm sorry for my cursing and outbursts...

I will come back when I get my stuff together...

"That Night Train's a mean wine" - Jake Blues

Remember when John Daly was getting a lot of flack for his drinking?  He succumbed to the pressure and quit.  His golf game fell apart.

Maybe we should encourage these two to show up to games high?