Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Kyleweberiu

Stan and Troy

I just laugh now at all the people saying Troy was a shoe in lottery pick for next years draft. Not by a long shot

I don't remember anyone saying he was a "shoe in" most if not all said if he improved like what was being said then he could be a first round pick.

TW was not the problem. He was a bit out of control at times but was the only big who could get to the basket.The effort is there, the head needs to catch up.
For those who thought CH was the solution, the Cards aren't cupcakes. He was completely over matched and will be against athletes.
Hanner stepped up. Keep working and improving. EH needs time and must play alongside HP against bigger teams. YF cant lead your team in rebounding.
Stan has no confidence. Time off really hurt his play. Needs to figure flow and not force it. Trying to figure his role.
JB, Rob, MH played like frosh 1st road game. NZ disappeared 2nd half.
With Devin out, need some April minutes if for nothing but space and fouls.
YF has to take charge and lead when we get loose with the ball. Needs to get to next level.
Overall we could have cashed out early but didn't. Really thought press would cause us problems with to's but not the case.We miss DD's tenacity.
Disappointed ....yes, expected result....yes, will we learn from this loss....time will tell.

What game were you watching? Press didn't cause us problems? Crimson colored koolaid drinking at its best. Their press killed us and combined with the 7 slams by Mr. Thug and getting killed on the boards was the difference. That's where coaching comes into play. Basic inbounds passing, beating presses, and blocking out has never been coached up in year 7. UL and Pitino exploited the obvious, and Crean knew it was coming andcouldnt do a thing about it. Funny seeing JB ask for direction in one screen shot and poor coach is just clueless in games.

When was the last time you saw people mention him going to the league? Before the season began? Yeah, me too.

Sorry, but JB's not ready. He got manhandled and was absolutely worn out as seen by his shooting. How many shots of his got blocked. We weren't playing against NBA players last night. Indiana has no one NBA ready this year. Its not even close.

I'm not going to bend and kiss someones rear just because they are a parent of a player. She went on a tirade on the fanbase which basically told us where we could shove things, then said we were lying about the drug tests...which none of us reported that was ESPN, then denied anything ever happened. Sure, we can go on for 40 pages on threads saying what Crean has done wrong and how he's lost the team. These players need to be held accountable. They are adults. The apple didn't fall far from the tree with that disgusting tirade and denial. Let's blame Crean when clearly his own mother thinks he was tricked in to smoking weed. Good grief. Accountability is a word we throw around a lot and 80% of the time it is misdirected at Crean.

I felt bad for her. I'm not a parent but I know I will want to back my kids and believe what they tell me but all signs pointed to him smoking pot, intentionally and a lot. Too many students, sources and failed drug tests to think anything other than him being a pot smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just stated this in the post game thread.

I believe Stan is causing a bleeding and we probably won't see him after Christmas.  I don't think this kid gets it.
-bad press
-rumors on grades and class attendance
-play and attitude on the court
-bad chemistry (did anyone else see him push another team member during a timeout last night?  It was after his two turnovers in a row.)

This is all a recipe for disaster.

I think Troy is at a crossroad.  He needs to choose his next path very wisely.

Bottom line IMO is Stan is gone.  Troy needs to cut the ties and focus on the things that can make him successful.  He has the tools to do it.  He just needs the negative whisper in his ear to go away.

If the team is bleeding then Crean cut his own wrists. Stans failed drug tests last year should have put him on a zero tolerance, and his arrest this past spring should have sent him packing. Now with another failed drug test and he's still here is all on Crean. What kind of example do you set by keeping these type of kids and send the ones in good standing packing? How Glass keeps pandering to this administration is utterly disgusting based on what we went thru with Sampson's stoners and non students. Stan and Troy can ball and that's why they're still here. PJ and many others couldn't including Jeremy so they get sent to Franklin College. Definately not Indiana basketball either outside or inside the black lines.

Troy ran Luke out of town. He locked him out of his dorm room to smoke weed with his posse. Luke had a basketball stolen from his room that he was going to give his Grandpa at Christmas and that was the last straw. So Troy is hurting this team in more ways than people even know.

Hum. First I have heard of this. If true really pi..... Me off.

Not to doubt you but after the Savannah St game Crean went out of his way to praise and support Stan. Was this just coach speak?

“It’s not easy for him,” IU coach Tom Crean said. “I try to remind him that even in his second game back, he was even one of the guys at the end of the game finishing the game for us in the last five minutes of the game. But Stan works extremely hard. Since he’s been back, he doesn’t go home after the walk‑through. He eats, he sits around a little bit and then he goes back out in the gym and shoots. I see it countless (times). I’m worried, ‘OK, are you working too hard?’ I mean, he wants it so bad.”

This is not a true picture..I wish it was..but it isn't

I have one thing to say .."we" and that means more than this topic and includes freshman this year are NOT smart.. We don't get plays ..we don't get IN, and we don't get general common sense actions that impact lives beyond daily living ...you can't invest in this ..and that begins with the person who leads this program.,,you can blame the AD or the coach..but it is s result of poor decision making

Troy has been up and down-----but there is no denying he has NBA type athleticism-----he just has to keep improving his game.

He's not close to lottery yet----but even more important to me than NBA----he has and can help this team win games this year.

We need his rebounding and defense---hope he keeps improving.

I have one thing to say .."we" and that means more than this topic and includes freshman this year are NOT smart.. We don't get plays ..we don't get IN, and we don't get general common sense actions that impact lives beyond daily living ...you can't invest in this ..and that begins with the person who leads this program.,,you can blame the AD or the coach..but it is s result of poor decision making

PREACH

absolutely right on brother!!

This surprises me. I figured JBJ and RoJo would be right there with Collin.