Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Kyleweberiu

Stan and Troy

I'll leave it at this, I would love to see us land Bryant and then start Holt as our 4 next year beside him or Hanner.

I agree but doesn't that combined with the possibility of losing Stan and Troy once again make us young yet again?

I agree but doesn't that combined with the possibility of losing Stan and Troy once again make us young yet again?

Yes and no. You can still be a young team and have veteran leadership which the team can have next year if the right people stick around.

Yes and no. You can still be a young team and have veteran leadership which the team can have next year if the right people stick around.

Oh I agree but I heard that going into this year too.

Addition by subtraction two years in a row seems like bad math.

Stan may be on his way ..if not now at the end of the season

Not to doubt you but after the Savannah St game Crean went out of his way to praise and support Stan. Was this just coach speak?

“It’s not easy for him,” IU coach Tom Crean said. “I try to remind him that even in his second game back, he was even one of the guys at the end of the game finishing the game for us in the last five minutes of the game. But Stan works extremely hard. Since he’s been back, he doesn’t go home after the walk‑through. He eats, he sits around a little bit and then he goes back out in the gym and shoots. I see it countless (times). I’m worried, ‘OK, are you working too hard?’ I mean, he wants it so bad.”

Wrong, you hurt the program by doing this stuff.  What is a recruits parents going to say when they come visit our site and read up on things and see a bunch of idiots bashing players parents....Enough said and you are old enough to understand that!  Grow up!

Giving fans credit for way too much influence here. IF we lose a recruit because of Troys mama(highly unlikely) we probably didn't want that kid to begin with. Much more likely we are losing recruits because of lack of success on the court and lack of control (drugs and alcohol) off the court.

Yes and no. Yogi and Hanner would be seniors. RoJo and JBJ would be experienced sophomores, and despite what happened in October I think Holt is a leader and a guy that's beyond his years in terms of the way he plays. You'd also have Hartman (jr) and Z (sr) off the bench. 

Losing Stan and Troy doesn't really hurt from an experience/leadership standpoint because they're not "basketball IQ" players and they're not leaders. You get to a point where it's almost addition by subtraction. 

Giving fans credit for way too much influence here. IF we lose a recruit because of Troys mama(highly unlikely) we probably didn't want that kid to begin with. Much more likely we are losing recruits because of lack of success on the court and lack of control (drugs and alcohol) off the court.

Ding, ding, ding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Wrong, you hurt the program by doing this stuff.  What is a recruits parents going to say when they come visit our site and read up on things and see a bunch of idiots bashing players parents....Enough said and you are old enough to understand that!  Grow up!

Sorry, not buying it. IMO, the parents are part of the issue. Too many of these kids (generic "these kids", not necessarily Troy and Stan, but also not necessarily excluding them) come in as coddled prima donnas. Reality can be a b**ch.

Stans problem is in his head, he got beat out for sixth man by zeisloft or he came into the season expecting to start at the three guard and he just can't handle it

In Stan's defense some of those turnovers were because of the people he had to pass to at the time.That was a strange lineup at that point.A little too whats the politically correct term here? Nonathletic.

In Stan's defense some of those turnovers were because of the people he had to pass to at the time.That was a strange lineup at that point.A little too whats the politically correct term here? Nonathletic.

Having Stan  as the primary ballhandler against UofL's press was idiotic. Reminded me of "The Jeremy Hollowell Experiment" at point last year.

Yes and no. Yogi and Hanner would be seniors. RoJo and JBJ would be experienced sophomores, and despite what happened in October I think Holt is a leader and a guy that's beyond his years in terms of the way he plays. You'd also have Hartman (jr) and Z (sr) off the bench.

Losing Stan and Troy doesn't really hurt from an experience/leadership standpoint because they're not "basketball IQ" players and they're not leaders. You get to a point where it's almost addition by subtraction.

The problem I have here is that would be two years in a row that we did the addition by subtraction thing. Next year probably needs to be THE year because the year after that JBj and Yogi, HP and NZ are gone.

I cannot disagree that if Stan and Troy are hurting the team dynamic then they need to go. I would prefer if that is the case they sit now too so others can get their PT. However, if we don't stem the tide of addition by subtraction we will be in big doo doo.

Troy and Stans TOs and erratic play were a huge reason we didn't keep it closer tonight and I don't think there is any debate in that. Extremely disappointed with those two. Everyone else seemed to play OK and at least put up a fight

The whole team had to adjust to a much stronger opponent..paying the price of padding the schedule with many weak opponents

Troy seems to have lots of athletic ability, he came up big against Pitt. He is young and needs more coaching and development

At 6-7 he is needed.

SR is now behind 3 very talented guards, and likely will see few minutes and yes may transfer later

I feel Stan is a bad influence on Troy. Maybe if Stan leaves Troy pulls his head out of his butt

Troy is responsible for his own decisions as well. They are adults and should be held accountable for their own mistakes. I get tired of people putting the blame on other players or the coaching staff when these adult players are making their own mistakes. Its the world we live in today, no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. They always want to blame others