Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Northwood Post-Game Thread

One thing not mentioned ..Troy, Stan, Holt were not to be seen. Typically, they sit on the bench.

They kept charts in the locker room according to ITH.

Edit: And Albers.

@insidethehall: From the locker room. RT @Justin_Albers Tom Crean said suspended players kept charts. #iubb

When Priller came out on the floor, I felt like the fans cheered quite a bit louder.  That 3-pointer, then getting the rebound.. seemed like maybe we've hyped him up some! hahaha love it.

Also, around the last minute of the game... Yogi (or blackman) was dribbling around defenders and Priller was just standing there completely open for a second, i could just feel the fans wanting that ball to go to him lol. 

One thing not mentioned ..Troy, Stan, Holt were not to be seen. Typically, they sit on the bench.

Crean made a comment in the post game interview that they all had "jobs" and IIRC he said something about keeping charts. He also said they each had approx 30 seconds to speak to the team at the half and post game. But Fisch said that they were not on the bench or in the bench area. Interesting.

The concern for me is that if/when he "fully" recovers, what are the potential effects of another significant blow to the head.  Basketball, especially around the basket, is a contact sport.  As much as I would like to see him play again, I would rather his long term health be the most important consideration.

It's good to have basketball again.  It seems like some of the pressure fizzled a bit.

Glad to see some positive takeaways from the game.  Still much needed work to be done.

Bottom line....this was easily a 40 point + win with our full roster.

There would have been no struggling.

If you were at all disappointed with Hanner tonight, you shouldn't be.  Statistically this is the most productive he has been in his entire career.  The more minutes he can get, the better.  This will force him to be better given the low post situation.  If he has a couple of guys that can play ahead of him, it only lets him hide behind the bench.  This is a kid that I still have faith in that needs pushed in the right direction. I will wait patiently for that break out moment.  Last night I thought was a really good first step for him.

Based on my analysis of the radio broadcast, which was 50% static the entire game, as I drove the back roads between 70 and Bloomington, this team has all the right pieces. Everyone stepped up and played to their own strengths and did more than I expected. The fact that HMP had a double double is extremely promising. Steals from Priller? That's not something I had even imagined happening this year. Regardless of opponent talent level, Z may be the biggest addition to the team in the last 2 years, sorry Noah. The guy is smart with the ball. He makes everyone better.

Really like the team on the floor last night. It will take some time for this team to get adjusted, but we will be a quick and fun team. Crean has to focus on having everyone crash the boards. Hanner can rebound, but we need everyone going for the boards or we will get hurt.

I was impressed with the 2-3 zone! Looked a lot better than anytime the past couple seasons. I know it was against lesser competition, but everyone knew how to rotate and cover spaces. The 1-3-1 looked bad, but that will come. I think a zone will be big for us this year.

I would really like to see this team do a 3/4 court press, but nothing right. Take 6-8 seconds of their shot clock, and make it easy to drop back in the zone.

Offense has more weapons this year. Our guard play will carry us, and they will have too.

Go IU!!!

My point CTC did not want them in and around the public for obvious reasons

True - some fans were already boo'ing crean when was introduced. Unfortunately, I can guarantee there would be some asshats in the gym that would have boo'd Stan and Troy. Good move by Crean. 

True - some fans were already boo'ing crean when was introduced. Unfortunately, I can guarantee there would be some asshats in the gym that would have boo'd Stan and Troy. Good move by Crean. 

Are you saying that Crean did this to protect the suspended players? Not sure I can buy into that. And booing the players may be seen as a classless move (it is IMO), but on some level, these guys disappointed the fan base with their selfish choices. One could argue that any booing was for their behavior and not necessarily "them" - manifestation of the old adage "hate the sin, love the sinner".

Are you saying that Crean did this to protect the suspended players? Not sure I can buy into that. And booing the players may be seen as a classless move (it is IMO), but on some level, these guys disappointed the fan base with their selfish choices. One could argue that any booing was for their behavior and not necessarily "them" - manifestation of the old adage "hate the sin, love the sinner".

I don't know what Crean's motivations were but I'm saying I commend him if it was for punishment reasons. Hence the "earn your way back onto the court". 

I see what you are saying about behavior but there is no way to properly display or translate that notion through a boo in that setting.. That would have been just immature as hell as a fan base. But it didn't happen so it's moot. 

I don't know what Crean's motivations were but I'm saying I commend him if it was for punishment reasons. Hence the "earn your way back onto the court". 

I see what you are saying about behavior but there is no way to properly display or translate that notion through a boo in that setting.. That would have been just immature as hell as a fan base. But it didn't happen so it's moot. 

Yeah. It’s always best to "stay classy", even if the coach acts to guarantee it. Good move by CTC.

James is our stud...

Z can shoot

Yogi is Yogi

Hanner looking great

I liked the offense, though at times, they should've held the ball and worked the ball around. Transition offense didn't look so bad. Though, if our shots are not falling one night, it may be a long game..

Yogi and James got into the lane pretty easily, i liked that a lot. Hanner's PNR game looked pretty good although he didn't get the ball a lot from it. 2-3 Zone defense was a great move by CTC, it worked and slowed them down from the three. 

Overall, we looked decent in the aspect that we need to be. Once we add Troy and Stan back, then we'll be even better i hope. 

I like that Crean kept Stan, Troy and Holt in the locker room...    they watched the game from there and had to keep charts, which is pretty much giving them homework.  That wouldn't allow them to just sit back and watch, however,  they would be contributing to the team from a different aspect by analyzing the game and offering feedback during halftime.  

I like the move, it's very appropriate, especially for an exhibition game. 

I like that Crean kept Stan, Troy and Holt in the locker room... they watched the game from there and had to keep charts, which is pretty much giving them homework. That wouldn't allow them to just sit back and watch, however, they would be contributing to the team from a different aspect by analyzing the game and offering feedback during halftime.

I like the move, it's very appropriate, especially for an exhibition game.

I hadnt heard that glad they were not on the bench. Heading the right direction.

Yogi, 6 assists, 2 turnovers. Liking it, wish I could get my hands on his assists per possession numbers, hoping his numbers are around .50 per possession this number. .23 isn't going to cut it