Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Duke fans pretty salty, some not very high on Hurt (more than I would have expected), and lots of criticism on K.  The most interesting comment that I saw was:

Yes, but you have to build a team, not just collect talent.

K has been a talent collector the last half-decade, not a team builder.

53 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Duke fans pretty salty, some not very high on Hurt (more than I would have expected), and lots of criticism on K.  The most interesting comment that I saw was:

Yes, but you have to build a team, not just collect talent.

K has been a talent collector the last half-decade, not a team builder.

And that comment got no reaction. It’s like they don’t want to admit it. 

K isn’t going to try and build teams like Archie or Tony B or even Jay Wright. It’s more work and takes a bit given their roster. His time is limited. 

Anybody else remember how a certain insider reported that Archie had cooled on Hurt?

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Stephen F. Austin was 193rd in Sagarin last week.  Duke was #1.  How many people here have jumped on the "Fire Archie" "we don't play anyone" "these wins mean nothing" bandwagons?   Hell, I see a couple posting here now defending Indiana.

Get old and stay old.  Get experience.  Get balanced.  Improve year over year.  Beat the teams you're supposed to beat.   Indiana is in good shape and is just fine.  Uncle Friend has been telling you for a couple of years, now.  We don't need to fire Fred Glass.  We don't need to fire Tom Allen.  And we don't need to fire Archie Miller.   It's all going in the right direction.  Patience will pay off.

I agree with the second paragraph but am still in the camp that does not like the schedule. As mentioned before we do not need a murderers row schedule but a few more 100-150 teams, roughly like Louisiana Tech, instead of the nearly 300 type teams  ,would be nice. Sagarin has our schedule so far ranked at 345. INDIANA has the 345th ranked SOS so far. Those cupcakes are too sweet.  I say this knowing it won’t matter al all if we make the tourney etc but I still would like the schedule tweaked.

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I agree with the second paragraph but am still in the camp that does not like the schedule. As mentioned before we do not need a murderers row schedule but a few more 100-150 teams, roughly like Louisiana Tech, instead of the nearly 300 type teams  ,would be nice. Sagarin has our schedule so far ranked at 345. INDIANA has the 345th ranked SOS so far. Those cupcakes are too sweet.  I say this knowing it won’t matter al all if we make the tourney etc but I still would like the schedule tweaked.

I think it was mdn that did the leg work but the schedule should be tougher next year. 

I’ll give Archie a pass this year on it. Trying to incorporate essentially 4 freshmen. Franklin, Davis, Thompson and Hunter. Plus Brunk. Looks like we will run with a 9 rotation and 5 of those 9 are new. Where as next year 8 of those 9 are back 

7 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I think that's where we're headed.

But for this season, we have six of our eleven scholly players who have never been in the IU game rotation; Race, TJD, Armaan, Joey, Jerome, Damezi. We needed to have some glorified 'work things out' games to get our players oriented and into their projected roles.

Misc. trivia from the Duke loss.

150 game non-conference winning streak ends.  Hadn't lost a non-con game since Sept. 2000 to St. Johns

ESPNStatsInfo says biggest upset in last 15-years.  Duke was a 27.5 pt. favorite.

The past 2 weeks has only confirmed what I thought during the opening week, that NONE of the teams in the Champions Classic are all that good.

Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and MSU don't look like top 10 teams at all.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that's where we're headed.

But for this season, we have six of our eleven scholly players who have never been in the IU game rotation; Race, TJD, Armaan, Joey, Jerome, Damezi. We needed to have some glorified 'work things out' games to get our players oriented and into their projected roles.

I think CAM is a lot smarter than some of us give him credit for. He schedules according to the needs of the team and what gives him the chance to get where he wants to go. He has been trying to develop depth in the first half of each game and then plays the most productive guys in the second. He's been able to do that because the competition has allowed him to. I really like how he is managing the program.

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I think CAM is a lot smarter than some of us give him credit for. He schedules according to the needs of the team and what gives him the chance to get where he wants to go. He has been trying to develop depth in the first half of each game and then plays the most productive guys in the second. He's been able to do that because the competition has allowed him to. I really like how he is managing the program.

I understand scheduling according to the lineup but 345th? It wasn’t that long ago that people were clamoring to add UK, AZ, Kansas type teams and now playing 100-150th ranked teams is deemed too tough.

EDIT: we are 344th, not 345th. Marist is 345th.