Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Any team in the NBA that passes up on drafting him is going to regret it...seeing a lot of Kemba Walker in his game and will have an instant impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Could he be a Lou Williams instant offense off the bench? That’s who I was thinking of when they were talking about his draft prospects.

Unfortunately I got this game on one of the muted TVs so no Walton for me in the 2nd half

Chaminade with the ball down 3 with 29 seconds left and Walton says, “you HAVE to shoot a 3 here, you’re too far down not to.” Unbelievable. Albeit, they ended up shooting a 3 and tying it but wow lol.

10 hours ago, Old Friend said:

In purple, disagree with this, too.  I think we know a lot about this team.  What don't you know?  Without the crystal ball stuff like "what will happen if ____," what don't we know?  What haven't you seen?   Serious question.  

I partially agree and partially disagree. I’ve stated displeasure with the schedule but acknowledge and agree that we still have learned a lot about this team in regards to seemingly much better chemistry on the court, movement is better, we are shooting free throws much better, TJD looks like the real deal, Al continues to improve, Franklin is going to contribute etc., etc.

A few things I would put in the “don’t know” or perhaps “aren’t sure”category are:

Smith seems improved but how will he do playing the 4 against bigger more athletic competition? Is his improvement the “real deal” or is he going to have games where he is not athletically dominate and drifts?

Damezi seems to have improved but will his D hold up against better players? Will he get his low release three off against players that can close more quickly?  Hopefully, but I don’t know.

I’m 98.9% sure TJD is going to have a great year but don’t know for sure until he matches up against better defenders ( both the players that guard him and their help defense).

Is Rob going to contribute to the degree he is capable when fully healthy?

Is Hunter going to meaningfully contribute?

We’ve learned a lot already but starting Tuesday we are going to learn even more over a 7 game span starting with FSU.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

There schedule has a lot of funny opponents even for a D2 team.  They play Academy of Arts twice, Holy Names twice, and Notre Dame de Namur.

Yes, and mighty Biola. They play them all twice because they are all in the same conference (Pacific West, D2).

Watched last 10 minutes of BYU/VA Tech last night. Walton and Pasch are hilarious together! Walton’s “color analysis” is off the charts funny!

Is he full blown stoned or is it just his “natural” state?

My guess he was probably at Nelson (Don) & Nelson’s (Willie) before the game in Maui.

He commented after a ref’s bad call ..... “Go back to Foot Locker”

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners