Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

16/18 IUFB vs Nebraska - Saturday, 10.19.24 @ Noon - HOMECOMING

I’m so proud of this coaching staff and program overall. There is new life in the football program and has been for months. 

Wish I could’ve gone to this game but I got to attend opening game which was great. 

What. A. Game. My gosh, if that’s what it’s like to be at a game for now on, count me in for season tickets! Best of all, a Husker fan mentioned he had to ask our Hoosier faithful to talk sh-t to him last night because “we’re too respectful and nice.” I wonder if he still feels that way today! 

I don't think I've ever planned a whole Saturday morning/afternoon around Indiana Football like I did today. I woke up and was just excited. That was awesome!!!! I will be in town November 9th for the Michigan game. Hope that Gameday is there and that IU keeps winning of course. They could set the single season program record for wins that day. What a time to be a Hoosier.

10 hours ago, IUHoosier5 said:

What. A. Game. My gosh, if that’s what it’s like to be at a game for now on, count me in for season tickets! Best of all, a Husker fan mentioned he had to ask our Hoosier faithful to talk sh-t to him last night because “we’re too respectful and nice.” I wonder if he still feels that way today! 

Hey in fairness, Husker fans are the same way. I’ve seen a game out there and that is the friendliest rowdy sell-out crowd I’ve ever seen. Uncomfortably nice folks out on the prairie. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Hey in fairness, Husker fans are the same way. I’ve seen a game out there and that is the friendliest rowdy sell-out crowd I’ve ever seen. Uncomfortably nice folks out on the prairie. 

I had the displeasure of sitting near maybe the most annoying Nebraska fan in the building yesterday.  (Didn't say anything bad or over the line, but just wouldn't shut up through the first quarter and a half).  He was however, very quiet in the 2nd half.  All the other Nebraska fans around us were great. 

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

It looked bad on TV. Hopefully it’s just next game.

IMG_0791.jpeg

Man — why can’t we have nice things? We FINALLY get a really good team, and wouldn’t you know it — our QB gets hurt.

Have confidence in Tayven, but still … Mr. Rourke is on a different level.

34 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My guess….broken thumb.  If so, wouldn’t probably be back until the bowl game.

It’s definitely not broken thumb. Had a procedure to remove rest of thumbnail. Giving it time to heal….usually takes about 10 days for sensitivity to wear off. Could play this week but would be VERY painful and Cig has full confidence in Tayven. Our offense is scheme based so with a competent QB it’s almost plug n play and from what we’ve seen out of Tayven this year and the spring game, he’s MORE than capable.