Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Maryland - Saturday, 09.28.24 @ Noon on BTN

7 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I am all for a little back and forth from fan bases before a game, but to bring in members of a players family, especially that type of subject, that is not cool. Keep it to the teams, coaches, and players on the field. 

I didn’t fully realize it before following the Derik Queen recruitment, but for shear unadulterated tackiness Maryland has the worst fanbase in the B1G. I think they’re offended that the traditional fanbases still think of them as a quasi-ACC school and they’re just petulant as hell.

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Guess Cigs sent this message to students. 

Love it! 

image.thumb.png.fd69348deb41e411ffb8d49482fe60df.png

Cig is 100% “the guy” IUFB has desperately needed, especially in this era of the B10. Dolson needs to make sure CCC doesn’t leave Bloomington (aside from crootin’) until his coaching career is over … and that’s only if he chooses to retire elsewhere in the country. Keep that man around the program as long as he is willing and able… program builder, culture setter. Winner. And I’ll still feel that way even if tomorrow doesn’t go our way. But, I have confidence we will win… did any of us ever feel that way against a B10 opponent the past two seasons? I hope more of the students support the team through 4 quarters starting tomorrow… the staff and team are working to earn their support every week. Hoosier fans, who can, should try, to show up for them. If we don’t, we’ll have nobody to blame but ourselves when they leave and we wonder what could have been… That’s a scary thought, given the direction of travel in college $port$. I don’t care for the crowd shaming on Twitter because I get that sort of culture change doesn’t happen overnight. But this email certainly shows it’s important for the program and priority for Cig. 

2 hours ago, reconmkd said:

I am all for a little back and forth from fan bases before a game, but to bring in members of a players family, especially that type of subject, that is not cool. Keep it to the teams, coaches, and players on the field. 

Hope it backfires bigly!

I’ll be there. No tailgating due to wind, but I’ll have some Gameday lagers and check out the Big Ten Tailgate.

I got the waders ready if I need them. 

At 6:30 AM Saturday, just looked at the future radar for today's game.  Starting at about 11 AM it shows the edge of rain may start to move from just northwest of B'town towards the southeast.  But still raining at noon and one.   Move the edge another 50 miles just may make the game less wet.  Looks like turtle soup to me.

This team will give it's all.  Coach Cig and the other coaches will take advantage of what is given and what we have. No mistakes today would help.

A win will be superb.  Make it so.

Typical Indiana weather.  Not a wash out but wet field and on off rain and at game time or shortly after game start time maybe no rain at all.

I set over and under for Maryland turn overs/IU takeaways at 2.  Not going to set any for IU.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

Typical Indiana weather.  Not a wash out but wet field and on off rain 

I set over and under for Maryland turn overs/IU takeaways at 2.  Not going set any for IU.

Hopefully you are a little light on Maryland's turnovers.