Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Maryland - Saturday, 09.28.24 @ Noon on BTN

Our undefeated Hoosiers; let me say that again

UNDEFEATED HOOSIERS  host the crab cakes from Merryland (3-1) in a game where we'll get our first real look at just how good Cig and the boys are.  Early look at Saturday's weather calling for a 60% chance of showers; temp in the low 70's and wind ESE at 10 mph.  

Radio

Live Stats

Ain't this a great time to be a Hoosier?

As always, Maryland will be mega talented, mega huge, mega fast, and mega held back by their head coach. Should win, but this will be the freakiest team we see until probably Michigan. 

"Michael Anthony Locksley is an American football coach. He is currently the head football coach at the University of Maryland, a position he has held since 2019." Locksley was 2018 Broyles award winner under Saban, given to the top asst coach. He's spent several years as Co-OC/OC at Alabama. At Maryland, Locksley has led the Terps to 3 consecutive winning seasons and a bowl win each year. Maryland's best 3 year run in program history. In the last 3 years Maryland has the fifth most wins in the B10. After a bit of research, I've came away impressed in Locksley - he's had an illustrious and successful career. He took Illinois from 72nd in total offense in 2005 to top 20 in Offensive production in 2008. He helped form the National Coalition of Minority Football Coaches in 2020. I love Coach Cigs, but Locksley is an impressive individual. 

Locksley at Maryland

Road W/L (B10 only): 8-15 

Against IU: 3-2 (3-0 in last 3 games) 

WR Felton leads the team in receptions with 41, the next closest WR has 21. Last year Felton gained 134 yards against IU's defense in a dominant win. 

Maryland has a road win at UVA this year. Hemby has been the leading rusher and Felton has led in Rec Yds each game this season total 115+ in each game. Does IU have the DB's to slow him down? QB Edwards has been a monster, putting up stats nearly identical to Kurtis Rourke. Maryland has given up 120+ rushing yds against both UVA and Mich St this season, giving up nearly 4 YPC. 

Prediction: IU 42 Terps 24

48 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Let's hope the weather comes through early and we have a beautiful day. I've heard that over 45K tickets have been sold so should be a nice crowd. I'm thinking our offense is too much for them in the long run. 

Sold over 43k for last Saturday, but the weather seemed to keep a large number of butts either completely out of their seats or caused them to pull the famous IU HALFTIME SHUFFLE.  Of course, Charlotte and Twerps are not the same, so let’s hope folks hang around for the entire game.  I expect a close battle.

4 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

Sold over 43k for last Saturday, but the weather seemed to keep a large number of butts either completely out of their seats or caused them to pull the famous IU HALFTIME SHUFFLE.  Of course, Charlotte and Twerps are not the same, so let’s hope folks hang around for the entire game.  I expect a close battle.

I will say my IUFB new years resolution was going to stay for more of the second half this year. So far I haven't been very good at that, but that changes this weekend. 

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Let's hope the weather comes through early and we have a beautiful day. I've heard that over 45K tickets have been sold so should be a nice crowd. I'm thinking our offense is too much for them in the long run. 

Under 5k left as of last night according to superfan Adam on the tweet machine, so 47ish sold 12ish hours ago.

I have a feeling this game is going to be closer than what people think. Maryland's D will be the toughest IUFB has faced this year. Plus the weather might play a factor. We'll get a really good idea of just how good IUFB is this Saturday. 

19 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I have a feeling this game is going to be closer than what people think. Maryland's D will be the toughest IUFB has faced this year. Plus the weather might play a factor. We'll get a really good idea of just how good IUFB is this Saturday. 

I'm glad we have a full rb room. I have a feeling this is a going to be a good ol smashmouth football contest 

NWS forecast for noon on Saturday is precipitation...75%.  Then at 3 PM, increasing to 87%.  During the day rain totals from 1/2 to 3/4".  Wind from NE at 11 with gusts to 18.

Indiana played 3 contests cleanly.  Then against UCLA IU got 14 penalties.  In spite of that, IU did a great job on 3rd downs.  IU's defense kept UCLA run game in check.  UCLA had little success on 3rd down.

Maryland lost to Michigan State at home.  Then against 'Nova, MD had 8 penalties and won comfortably...which they should against a middle FCS school.

MD is reportedly porous against the pass in their secondary.  They have a good QB and an adequate RB group.  

This will be a tough, wet game.  It is obviously a conference game against two approximately equal opponents considering talent. Will Coach Cig rely on passes in the rain and wind?  Will the run game be productive.  Can IU stop MD from doing the same?

Make fewer mistakes and take care of business.  Coach Cig will make sure that will happen.  He is a winner.  This is the biggest test of this new team this season.

My family and I just got back to the Midwest from Destin FL.  We left 3 days early just to avoid risk.  Hope that everyone survives Helene.

Chili is made, and the truck will be packed this afternoon. Ready to hit the stadium around 7:30 in the morning with donuts and coffee. 

This should be a ground-and-pound game with it being wet. I like our chances and should be a good crowd. 

Locksley is something like 27-1 in non-conference but only 14-28 in Big Ten games. We got this one. Let's turn these turtles upside down.

Go Hoosiers!!