Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

How about the $500,000 boost to the staff pool that came with our 6th win? Goes into effect on Jan 1, 2025. Huge for the program and could keep a few guys from making the jump. 

Thought I read that they could be getting additional boosts if they meet certain goals like making the playoff. Is that correct?

18 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Thought I read that they could be getting additional boosts if they meet certain goals like making the playoff. Is that correct?

I would think that every win from here on out is lining the staffs’ pockets. I imagine a CFP berth would bring some massive bonuses. I’m sure all of Cig’s bonuses are outlined in the Osterman article from when he was hired. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I would think that every win from here on out is lining the staffs’ pockets. I imagine a CFP berth would bring some massive bonuses. I’m sure all of Cig’s bonuses are outlined in the Osterman article from when he was hired. 

“It’s simple. I win. Pay me.”

On 8/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, Lebowski said:

My IUFB predictions for 2024

• A winning season
  • Offensive records will be broken
  • Defense will have more than 30 sacks and at least 20 takeaways 
  • Ranked and in the CFP discussion at one point during the season
  • Bowl eligibility earned by November
  • Multiple NFL draft picks

Just another example. 

3 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Nebraska game in two weeks is noon on FOX.

https://x.com/IndianaFootball/status/1843335480190087528?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

As somebody going to the game, I was really hoping this would get flexed to an evening game.  I get that noon is the prime slot, but still. 

On 10/6/2024 at 6:02 PM, TheWatShot said:

Brace yourselves...the outsider perspective is going to start to shift from "look at that, IU's football team is winning, isn't it cute?" to "Who do these guys think they are? Go back to the little kids' table where you belong!" I saw a pretty funny conversation with a Michigan fan who said he was rooting against IU for the first time this weekend because he didn't like how excited IU fans were getting. Good stuff. 

It’s going on everywhere…. Fans and a few upcoming, opposing teams, most recently, Nebraska are saying

(I paraphrase)…..

- IU’s good, but not that good….
- They haven’t played anyone yet and their schedule is soft….

-They haven’t played a team of our caliber yet….

-Cignetti won’t stay long at IU….

Blah, blah blah….on and on.

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

It’s going on everywhere…. Fans and a few upcoming, opposing teams, most recently, Nebraska are saying

(I paraphrase)…..

- IU’s good, but not that good….
- They haven’t played anyone yet and their schedule is soft….

-They haven’t played a team of our caliber yet….

-Cignetti won’t say long at IU….

Blah, blah blah….on and on.

To me, Nebraska fans commenting on our schedule is comical. 

How many years did we have to tangle with Penn State, O$U and Michigan because of the BIG's divisional alignment, while the Cornshuckers took on the Purdues, the Northwesterns, the Minnesotas and the Illinoises in that soft-as-butter Western Division! 

And now they're calling us out because of our schedule. LOL!