Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

“Mike Drop” Schumann on the Hoosier Hysterics

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I feel like there was a lot of conjecture about how much money IU passed on by ditching the dorks.

How much was it?  Was it insignificant?  The article implied that it was, but admitted it had no facts behind that guess.  I'm curious how much we threw away.

Beyond that it was well written I suppose

It's all conjecture because, to my knowledge, the dorks never released financials like they promised. That alone makes whatever they had worth throwing away, imo.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It's all conjecture because, to my knowledge, the dorks never released financials like they promised. That alone makes whatever they had worth throwing away, imo.

The podcast could be really fun, but there's so much about the relationship that was concerning.

If I'm looking for fault with Woodson and IU? Having the extended relationship with these guys instead of something like Hoosiers Connect or Hoosiers for Good. was the problem.

3 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Cool? 

If and when the mens team starts winning--- remember this post :)

Yes, if winning comes back to what and the way I enjoy…I may re-attach :).

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

The podcast could be really fun, but there's so much about the relationship that was concerning.

If I'm looking for fault with Woodson and IU? Having the extended relationship with these guys instead of something like Hoosiers Connect or Hoosiers for Good. was the problem.

Agree. They were given free reign to use IU Athletics as their personal content playground starting around late 2020 if I remember correctly. No one ever told them no for unknown reasons and they got in too deep and now no one wins.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Maybe.  Probably, even.  I just hate making points on total conjecture.  It leads my mind to look for the truth.  I hadn't really concerned myself with this aspect until now but now I have to know lol.  

Otherwise it was well written.  IU had to get their side out after the dorks blasted their side out there.  It seems that this is their side

16 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Give me a paragraph from the article that isn’t to your liking.

All of them? 

Take the last one, for example. 

“And Woodson’s actions make it abundantly clear — the cost of associating with them far exceeded the benefits.”

Woody stopped associating with the Hysterics because he got pissed they weren’t kissing his *** 24/7. They dared to stop for a brief moment. And so,  after begging Eric to hire his kids, Woody showed his *** as he frequently does. Woody got what he wanted out of the relationship and cast them to the side as soon as his billionaire buddies stepped up to the plate. 

Woody consistently demonstrates his character. If folks choose not to see it, that’s their choice. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

All of them? 

“And Woodson’s actions make it abundantly clear — the cost of associating with them far exceeded the benefits.”

Woody stopped associating with the Hysterics because he got pissed they weren’t kissing his *** 24/7. They dared to stop for a brief moment. And so,  after begging Eric to hire his kids, Woody showed his *** as he frequently does. Woody got what he wanted out of the relationship and cast them to the side as soon as his billionaire buddies stepped up to the plate. 

Woody consistently demonstrates his character. If folks choose not to see it, that’s their choice. 

I meant 'not to your liking about Schumann,' not Woodson.  The discussion was about the accuracy of the article, not whether IU should have had this extensive a relationship with these podcasters (they shouldn't have).

46 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

All of them? 

You're delusional if you think any coach in America would continue to give access to a bunch of unaffiliated amateurs who talk s*** about the program they run.

I mean JFC. Go air public crap about your biggest client in your professional line of work and let me know what that relationship looks like the following day. 

33 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

You're delusional if you think any coach in America would continue to give access to a bunch of unaffiliated amateurs who talk s*** about the program they run.

I mean JFC. Go air public crap about your biggest client in your professional line of work and let me know what that relationship looks like the following day. 

No real coach would’ve ever let these guys anywhere close to their program. Woody did, though… 

Eric didn’t “air crap” until after Woodson ended the relationship. And I’m glad he aired it. It provides excellent insight into the kind of person Mike Woodson is and the way he thinks. Absolutely everything Eric said lines up with what we’ve heard elsewhere about Mike Woodson. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No real coach would’ve ever let these guys anywhere close to their program. Woody did, though… 

Eric didn’t “air crap” until after Woodson ended the relationship. And I’m glad he aired it. It provides excellent insight into the kind of person Mike Woodson is and the way he thinks. Absolutely everything Eric said lines up with what we’ve heard elsewhere about Mike Woodson. 

I tend to agree.  It was a mutual relationship until the HH started doubting if Woody is the guy.  I mean, the whole world wonders if Woodys got the juice to be a big time winner.  Many don’t wonder and just assume he doesn’t. I guess this year is Woodys chance to prove the dissidents wrong.  

I can also understand why Woody needed to cut ties after the way last season went and the podcasts (most IU fans) stance was made declarative. It became a no win situation. But fans are fans. When you crap the bed the fans want change. It’s just common sense but woody believes he’s above that for whatever reason. 

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I tend to agree.  It was a mutual relationship until the HH started doubting if Woody is the guy.  I mean, the whole world wonders if Woodys got the juice to be a big time winner.  Many don’t wonder and just assume he doesn’t. I guess this year is Woodys chance to prove the dissidents wrong.  

I can also understand why Woody needed to cut ties after the way last season went and the podcasts (most IU fans) stance was made declarative. It became a no win situation. But fans are fans. When you crap the bed the fans want change. It’s just common sense but woody believes he’s above that for whatever reason. 

Yeah, I mean I don’t blame Woodson at all for cutting ties, even though I think his reasoning for doing so is weak sauce. The ties should’ve been cut long ago due to their utter weirdness.

But Woodson chose to engage with them, even asking for personal favors, until they stopped showing total subservience. There are diplomatic ways to end a mutually beneficial relationship. Instead, Woody chose to summon Eric to Bloomington so that he could big dog him in front of Scott Dolson, for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, I mean I don’t blame Woodson at all for cutting ties, even though I think his reasoning for doing so is weak sauce. The ties should’ve been cut long ago due to their utter weirdness.

But Woodson chose to engage with them, even asking for personal favors, until they stopped showing total subservience. There are diplomatic ways to end a mutually beneficial relationship. Instead, Woody chose to summon Eric to Bloomington so that he could big dog him in front of Scott Dolson, for whatever reason. 

Yep. I don't know the financials since they weren't disclosed, but IIRC, we were top 10-20ish in NIL spending. Presumably the Hysterics had a decent amount to do with that. Our NIL spending seems to have become top 5-10ish based on Woody's funds from the Cooks and Simons. It's good to have a bigger war chest obviously.

Shrinking it by cutting off the relationship with a grassroots $ NIL collective is curious. Cutting ties with the bozos was good though. It never should have gotten as far along as it did, especially because there are way better groups we could've been working with. 

Big donor support > grassroots funding. Sucks but a reality from a fundraising POV. It kind of seems like Woody just used these guys (hiring his daughter then allegedly acting like that is pretty nuts... and I don't doubt it one bit). Now he got what he wanted and they became more trouble than it was worth, so he lashed out. Spoke his mind. Then there was a little backlash to deal with so the PR machine got rolling. The article just doesn't move me.

He is who he is. 

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Yep. I don't know the financials since they weren't disclosed, but IIRC, we were top 10-20ish in NIL spending. Presumably the Hysterics had a decent amount to do with that. Our NIL spending seems to have become top 5-10ish based on Woody's funds from the Cooks and Simons. It's good to have a bigger war chest obviously.

Shrinking it by cutting off the relationship with a grassroots $ NIL collective is curious. Cutting ties with the bozos was good though. It never should have gotten as far along as it did, especially because there are way better groups we could've been working with. 

Big donor support > grassroots funding. Sucks but a reality from a fundraising POV. It kind of seems like Woody just used these guys (hiring his daughter then allegedly acting like that is pretty nuts... and I don't doubt it one bit). Now he got what he wanted and they became more trouble than it was worth, so he lashed out. Spoke his mind. Then there was a little backlash to deal with so the PR machine got rolling. The article just doesn't move me.

He is who he is. 

You nailed it.

3 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

He is who he is. 

Yes a big male member part, lol!!!

Everyone seems to view the situation as Mike Woodson acting alone in this when he almost certainly did not, but I'm sure he was happy to deliver the message. You can't tell me there weren't multiple VIPs in and around men's basketball and the athletic department who were clamoring to dump those clowns. Big donors who expect big things and a polished product top to bottom for their money, maybe? Bona fide IU NIL collectives who didn't want themselves associated within the same realm of the obnoxious Hysterics? People say it ended purely because they put Woodson on blast, but it likely just so happened to be the excuse many within the program were waiting on so they could drop the hammer on HH.

And before the hardcore anti-Woodsons come for me - no, this is not a pro-Woodson take. Simply big picture thinking. Because God knows if most of us peons saw HH for what they were long ago you can bet certain people with sway did too.

I really don’t understand why people hate on the HH guys as much as they do. They truly pursued a passion, and I respect them for it. And their podcast was entertaining.

I get that they did and said some questionable things, but damn it seems like some people just live to bring other people down. 

10 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I really don’t understand why people hate on the HH guys as much as they do. They truly pursued a passion, and I respect them for it. And their podcast was entertaining.

I get that they did and said some questionable things, but damn it seems like some people just live to bring other people down. 

My problem with them is they just seem a little too slippery for me. They also seem to think it's about them too much. They give off some serious main character syndrome vibes. I think at first they were exactly what you said, then I think their egos got REALLY BIG.