Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OGIUAndy

Oumar Ballo (7'0" C) TO INDIANA

8 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Another dominant big who can't shoot 3s. I hate to be a downer here but we've all seen this before. 

5 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

The national championship just featured 2 bigs that meet this description.

And our team two years ago that was a 4 seed featured a dominant big that could not shoot threes.

And our disappointing team last season featured a dominant big that could shoot threes.

Hmmmm…. Maybe dominant bigs don’t need to shoot threes!

3 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

3 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

The national championship just featured 2 bigs that meet this description.

I didn't realize Mike Woodson was coaching either of those bigs. I'll go back and watch it again just in case I missed it

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And UConn’s opponent in the national championship game featured two bigs, one dominant, and neither of whom could shoot threes.

And our team two years ago that was a 4 seed featured a dominant big that could not shoot threes.

And our disappointing team last season featured a dominant big that could shoot threes.

Hey now, Edy was 50% from 3. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

And UConn’s opponent in the national championship game featured two bigs, one dominant, and neither of whom could shoot threes.

Whether or not he can shoot 3s really wasn't the main point, simply an observation. I see nothing SO FAR to change my perception that this team is still no better than 2 years ago

1 minute ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Whether or not he can shoot 3s really wasn't the main point, simply an observation. I see nothing SO FAR to change my perception that this team is still no better than 2 years ago

Fair point. That was the year we beat Purdue twice, finished 2nd in the BT but fizzled in the tournament. Do you think there is more optimism for next year now than there was when it was thought most of our players would leave (some thought only Newton could return) and it was felt Woody would get a bunch of 1 year mercenaries?  

I agree that we are probably not looking better than the 22/23 team but it is hard not to see we are trending quickly away from who most thought we would be for 24/25.