Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Does a kid with 3 years of eligibility remaining need to announce he's coming back?

Not necessarily, but the kid with 2 years left felt the need to.  

22 minutes ago, Mopladysman said:

Not necessarily, but the kid with 2 years left felt the need to.  

Maybe in years where we are coming off a good season they would not need to but given our current situation I think MR letting us know he was going to return was needed info. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I suspect we are about to enter the moneyball era of the transfer portal.....schools finding player qualities that are undervalued monetarily and looking to spend on that.

Definitely. This is the extension of the basketball analytics movement. In addition to coaching your own players to make more efficient choices, you can now go get players who already play the way you want.

Unfortunately Woodson hasn't even caught on yet that long twos are bad shots, so I doubt IU is going to be at the forefront of this.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shooter said:

Definitely. This is the extension of the basketball analytics movement. In addition to coaching your own players to make more efficient choices, you can now go get players who already play the way you want.

Unfortunately Woodson hasn't even caught on yet that long twos are bad shots, so I doubt IU is going to be at the forefront of this.

Exactly. Woodson and our staff's inability to understand moneyball/analytics -whatever you want to call it is why we continually get beaten by teams with far less talent. Penn State and Nebraska are exhibits A and B.

Edited by Go_Hoosiers

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Because he is not very good. WKy fans saying they went on a run because Lander was on the bench sounds familiar.

I think we actually went on some runs when he was here. I remember our best lineups at times including Lander, Leal, Galloway and TJD.

19 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Danny Wolf for Yale struggling. Had some nice moves, just not able to finish. 

Where did the idea of us having "interest" in him come from? Just guessing, or actually rumored?

Not sure being unable to finish is a deal-breaker at IU these days 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Because he is not very good. WKy fans saying they went on a run because Lander was on the bench sounds familiar.

I think we actually went on some runs when he was here. I remember our best lineups at times including Lander, Leal, Galloway and TJD.

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t think your memory is very good on that.

EDIT:  double checked it and you are definitely not correct.  That lineup never appeared on the court together Lander’s sophomore year and only appeared on the court together for 6 minutes during Lander’s freshman year.