Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes

Does this mean we anticipate a current guard on the roster to leave...not sure that visit makes sense unless there is a potential for that. 

I really hope not...I want to see Cupps develop and what Newton has to offer. I think Newton could be an overlooked piece, kid is a dog and crazy quick and athletic. 

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

I know players are expected to play a certain amount of minutes per game, but minutes are earned then rewarded. If some of these new guys come in and require more minutes that expected, then so be it. Best players need to be on the floor.

Coach Cig has entered the chat.  :)  

3 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Does this mean we anticipate a current guard on the roster to leave...not sure that visit makes sense unless there is a potential for that. 

I really hope not...I want to see Cupps develop and what Newton has to offer. I think Newton could be an overlooked piece, kid is a dog and crazy quick and athletic. 

Could Cupps red shirt?

4 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Walker visit has been canceled.

10 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Malone? Are we still in that race?

Colorado is the presumed favorite. Wish that wasn't the case since there aren't a lot of good options out there for the backup 5 spot but portal isn't closed yet. Time to start tampering.

10 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Malone? Are we still in that race?

We are in the race. He just visited Colorado and my understanding is that Colorado  got him to visit because they have a lot of minutes and a lot of $ to offer him. I still think we are in a good position, but he wants to take his time. I expect it to come down to IU vs Notre Dame just due to proximity to his home and where he played his first 4 years of college.

Remember - this is his first time going through a big time recruitment, so I am not surprised to see him taking his time. I think we could hear something this week.

I think the best part of the "Goode to IU" possibility is that really stacks up the perimieter players. Then with only  Reneau, Ballo and a reserve post player TBD on the roster it's gonna make it much harder to clog the lane!  That should make about 98% of this board happy.

13 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I think the best part of the "Goode to IU" possibility is that really stacks up the perimieter players. Then with only  Reneau, Ballo and a reserve post player TBD on the roster it's gonna make it much harder to clog the lane!  That should make about 98% of this board happy.

Gotta fix the problem on the sideline.

54 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Colorado is the presumed favorite. Wish that wasn't the case since there aren't a lot of good options out there for the backup 5 spot but portal isn't closed yet. Time to start tampering.

Hey, whatever it takes