Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe Payne is willing to be a backup for the right amount of money and the chance to be on a good team?

Im just spitballing but with the numbers we are throwing around I rule nothing out. 

I mean anything’s possible but he’s a player and want to play good minutes, and othet teams have NIL too. I don’t think it’s realistic— definitely interested to see how this pans out

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I mean anything’s possible but he’s a player and want to play good minutes, and othet teams have NIL too. I don’t think it’s realistic— definitely interested to see how this pans out

He'd make a great backup though. And honestly, where he probably fits best.

39 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Does this mean Conwell is is out of the mix?  

No we’re still going to go after him but he will have to make a decision to either come here with less minutes to go around or go to another big time program and play 30-40 minutes.

53 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Pretty much where I'm at

Screw defense ... data shows that most if not all NCAA Champions won because of a high Offensive ratings. Let's go to the Hurrin' Hoosier days of running and winning games 104-102. :)

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No we’re still going to go after him but he will have to make a decision to either come here with less minutes to go around or go to another big time program and play 30-40 minutes.

He heard the pitch. If he really wanted to come, he shouldn’t have scheduled his first visit to NC State

1 minute ago, IH8PU said:

I have more questions about the offense, not defense with that. Ballo is huge, he would help any team in the country. But pairing him next to Malik doesn’t seem like it would work. The paint is going to be suffocated especially with some guards on the perimeter who are not major threats of scoring from the outside. 

Defense would likely be fine, especially inside. Offense, I’m not buying it. Didn’t Woodson say he wanted to have a modern offense during his intro press conference? This seems like he’s going to go even further away from modern. 

Just now, Jam said:

He heard the pitch. If he really wanted to come, he shouldn’t have scheduled his first visit to NC State

Or he doesn’t see getting enough shots in this offense. Same thing Hickman was saying, maybe money can change their minds.

I hope he comes. He could’ve visited before Carlyle but chose another visit first. That having been said, still want him.

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe Payne is willing to be a backup for the right amount of money and the chance to be on a good team?

Im just spitballing but with the numbers we are throwing around I rule nothing out. 

Lord that'd fix the rebounding issue in a hurry 

13 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

Almost invariably you also have to have a top 25 D, KenPom, but absolutely whatever we can do to spread the offense and build an actual high scoring team the better. Count me skeptical under Woodson but with the players we’re talking about I’m staying optimistic 

Lord that'd fix the rebounding issue in a hurry 

Fundamentals, including box outs would help immensely as well. The effort to offensive rebound whatsoever (Mgbako was getting better). And winning guards with instincts and hustle to win long rebounds.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, Jam said:

I don’t fault a guy for looking at options before deciding. 

If it's at all possible to get Rice, Carlyle, and Conwell... that could eventually (read: not necessarily next year) become a three-headed monster not terribly dissimilar to Spencer, Diarra, and Newton. Except... how do these guys rebound? I'd prefer Conwell over Hickman but if Carlyle and Rice are already in the bag I suppose it will be tough to land a 3rd guard. I think we really need to though. 

Nobody flame me as a "sunshine pumper" the proper term is #TrueFanClub™ member. And FYI... I'm the PRESIDENT of the club (membership: 1 + a couple dozen burners).

12 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

If it's at all possible to get Rice, Carlyle, and Conwell... that could eventually (read: not necessarily next year) become a three-headed monster not terribly dissimilar to Spencer, Diarra, and Newton. Except... how do these guys rebound? I'd prefer Conwell over Hickman but if Carlyle and Rice are already in the bag I suppose it will be tough to land a 3rd guard. I think we really need to though. 

Nobody flame me as a "sunshine pumper" the proper term is #TrueFanClub™ member. And FYI... I'm the PRESIDENT of the club (membership: 1 + a couple dozen burners).

Carlyle and Rice and are typical rebounders for guards.  Conwell is a + rebounding guard who would still be a pretty good rebounding 3.  But I honestly still don't see getting all 3.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Carlyle and Rice and are typical rebounders for guards.  Conwell is a + rebounding guard who would still be a pretty good rebounding 3.  But I honestly still don't see getting all 3.

I agree terribly unlikely. Hopefully Carlyle and Rice, if they are who we ultimately land, can grow that part of their game. I like what I see for the most part. Do you think it would be any more realistic to hope for Hickman instead of Conwell? 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike Schumann confirmed Elijah Malone of Grace College is visiting Indiana on April 18.

No offense to Payton Sparks, who I think the fans still like/support and really wanted to work out... 

But maybe Elijah Malone could be who we hoped we were getting this year. Albeit in a fairly small role (hopefully IMO)

23 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Sunshine Pumper!