Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think they are going to push for Hickman and Ballo to commit on Sunday but think Hickman is going to take his visits. If he does commit it would make it interesting for Carlyle

Any thoughts that if Rice commits and wants to play with Carlyle, that Carlyle could commit before visiting?

Just now, Chris007 said:

Rice is arriving tonight. Payne will be here either tonight or tomorrow. Ballo and Hickman just Sunday

Hadn't seen the Rice date.  That is good news.  I thought I read Payne was starting today as well.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, I think that deal is already done. But I think if Hickman would commit then Carlyle might reconsider. 

Already a done deal with Rice!!!!   Nice.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Yes, I think that deal is already done. But I think if Hickman would commit then Carlyle might reconsider. 

Gotcha.  My guess is that if Rice and Carlyle are already in the fold, that would likely be told to Hickman if IU's preference is to have both Rice and Carlyle instead or Rice and Hickman.  Sure, I'd like to have all three but think that if you are getting two have to know the priorities of which two.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Gotcha.  My guess is that if Rice and Carlyle are already in the fold, that would likely be told to Hickman if IU's preference is to have both Rice and Carlyle instead or Rice and Hickman.  Sure, I'd like to have all three but think that if you are getting two have to know the priorities of which two.

Hickman would be a damn near perfect addition for IU, but........

Carlyle is also a great addition and a three year player.

Given the totality, I'd be really happy with either but I'd prefer Carlyle, with the possibility of a higher ceiling and a two or three year stint. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

We'll see if Ballo leaves town on Sunday. 

Things would get really interesting if Payne committed tomorrow

Ballo seems to be built more for a B1G center position than Payne, but I would take either or both. 

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hickman would be a damn near perfect addition for IU, but........

Carlyle is also a great addition and a three year player.

Given the totality, I'd be really happy with either but I'd prefer Carlyle, with the possibility of a higher ceiling and a two or three year stint. 

me too, I want the 3 year guys

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

J.P Pegues officially has committed to Auburn (which we assumed he would), clearing away what was supposed to be our main competition for Rice.  Have to assume this one is in the books.

Texas A&M was the only other team I saw mentioned with Rice. They just lost Wade Taylor yesterday. That could be the only hold up I see, but everything is pointing to an imminent commitment at this point. 

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think they are going to push for Hickman and Ballo to commit on Sunday but think Hickman is going to take his visits. If he does commit it would make it interesting for Carlyle

I'm interested to see what staff does with Payne considering Ballo is visiting after him. Have to think Ballo is ahead of him as a priority.