Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

go iu bb

Anyone Still Want to ‘Fire Scott Dolson’?

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nope

Gotta be impressed with the timing. You announce that in April and that may have been more than a bit ugly. You put it out there now with some optimism around IUBB and Cig doing Cig things and even those most down on the guy are just gonna shrug and grumble a little.

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

My cousin is a lifelong IU fan and season ticket holder for basketball and football.  He is kind of the Donald Davidson of IU history and can spin a tell of teams, coaches and players back decades.  He recently has been fighting cancer and while he has recently been given a good prognosis (it was not good a few months back) chemo takes a toll on you.  He is pretty tired but still makes the trip down to Bloomington for just about every game this fall.  

I used to have some connections in the ADs office so I thought I would reach out and see if they could do something for him.  I once was able to get bring a small group to attend a practice and brought my cousin along.  During a tour of the facilities, my cousin was able to point out things that the guide did not know.  He loves the IU experience and I was hoping that they might just call him and encourage him in his battle.  

Little did I know, they were already aware and on it.  Scott has personally been sure to take care of him and have had him in a suite with AC and food for each game.  Makes me proud of my school and since Scott takes some heat at times I wanted to share this story as well.  My cousin is not some big time $ guy but a retired teacher who loves IU.  It was so nice to see IU love back on him during this battle.  I know he will treasure this more than anything.  

Great story. 

My only complaints with the AD office has been the product on the field/court. With the possible exceptions of Sampson and maybe Kevin Wilson we’ve generally had quality people represent IU even when they came up short in the W dept.

On 10/4/2024 at 2:20 PM, 8bucks said:

My cousin is a lifelong IU fan and season ticket holder for basketball and football.  He is kind of the Donald Davidson of IU history and can spin a tell of teams, coaches and players back decades.  He recently has been fighting cancer and while he has recently been given a good prognosis (it was not good a few months back) chemo takes a toll on you.  He is pretty tired but still makes the trip down to Bloomington for just about every game this fall.  

I used to have some connections in the ADs office so I thought I would reach out and see if they could do something for him.  I once was able to get bring a small group to attend a practice and brought my cousin along.  During a tour of the facilities, my cousin was able to point out things that the guide did not know.  He loves the IU experience and I was hoping that they might just call him and encourage him in his battle.  

Little did I know, they were already aware and on it.  Scott has personally been sure to take care of him and have had him in a suite with AC and food for each game.  Makes me proud of my school and since Scott takes some heat at times I wanted to share this story as well.  My cousin is not some big time $ guy but a retired teacher who loves IU.  It was so nice to see IU love back on him during this battle.  I know he will treasure this more than anything.  

Great story and it definitely shows how great humanitarian Scott Dolson truly is!  

I hope your cousin is recovering well and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family!

I shared a lot of frustration on here with Dolson at the end of last basketball season. Not sure how much of it was truly warranted/attributable to him personally at the end of the day. The Cignetti hire and his performance thus far, certainly makes me more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good hire Scott. Damn good.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He should still be fired for hiring/retaining Mike Woodson. Coach Cig shows you don’t need multiple years to rebuild a program. You just need a competent coach. 

Took a break this summer, and still not sure how often I will post here, but I see that some things have not changed 

12 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Took a break this summer, and still not sure how often I will post here, but I see that some things have not changed 

IU basketball has played zero games between them and now, so not exactly sure why you’d expect opinions to be different… 

No, he should not be fired!  Has done a great job overall!  The MW hiring wasn’t all on him, but MW can redeem himself if they win the B10 and make it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament