Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

go iu bb

Anyone Still Want to ‘Fire Scott Dolson’?

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Ultimately, ADs do the hiring and firing so they get the credit or blame.

Dolson extended Allen.

Dolson hired Woodson.

Dolson extended Woodson.

CC looks like a good hire but still hasn't coached a game at IU.

Dolson has made more mistakes than good decisions and they've been terrible, costly mistakes. He simply isn't a very good AD.

To be fair, he didn't extend Woodson. Just gave him a $1m raise for what should've been bare minimum expectations that pushed the buyout back a year; still stupid.

19 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

If you believe what @KathywithaC had to say, QB told Dolson if he missed on Stevens he had to hire Woodson, which would mean that Woodson was the back-up plan.

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That’s just pathetic.

I almost feel like I owe Fred Glass and apology. You may not like his decisions, but he was smart enough to realize that Woodson has no business coaching college and wouldn't even give him an interview. He also hired Teri Moren, so props for that.

9 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I almost feel like I owe Fred Glass and apology. You may not like his decisions, but he was smart enough to realize that Woodson has no business coaching college and wouldn't even give him an interview. He also hired Teri Moren, so props for that.

Glass did fine with the non revenue sports, it was revenue generating sports he sucked at handling.

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

So Arkansas went after Tang (good coach), Beard (POS human but a good coach), then had backups of Jans (better than .700 career winning percentage and has been ok the first couple of years at Miss State) and Walker (this is a questionable choice) but then ends up with a HOF coach in Calipari. Overall, seems like he was going after winners.

Compare that to Dolson: went after Stevens who was a pipedream and then had no backup plans so ended up with Woodson.

If you're going to hire an old coach, I'd take Calipari over Woodson every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't really care for him or his system very much, but he doesn't act like an arrogant p**ck like Woodson and at least he's not stuck trying to force '90s basketball to work.

If anything, I think this highlights the very skill that makes Dolson a very good AD. College sports is being run by the major donors more than ever, Dolson's relationship with some big families like the Pfau's has allowed us to pay major buyouts and hire someone like Cignetti. 

When you look at the role these billionaire donors have in college sports now, it makes more sense why Dolson wouldn't want to potentially alienate two of our bigger donors, the Cooks and the Simons, who seem solidly in Woodys corner.

1 minute ago, SamIam said:

If anything, I think this highlights the very skill that makes Dolson a very good AD. College sports is being run by the major donors more than ever, Dolson's relationship with some big families like the Pfau's has allowed us to pay major buyouts and hire someone like Cignetti. 

When you look at the role these billionaire donors have in college sports now, it makes more sense why Dolson wouldn't want to potentially alienate two of our bigger donors, the Cooks and the Simons, who seem solidly in Woodys corner.

Unfortunately, this is spot on.   I was listening to Goodman on the Field of 68 discussing Calipari to Arkansas and he mentioned that big NIL donors often have as much input on who the next coach is as the AD.  

One of my takeaways...

If Shertz and Calipari can change jobs and move in Mid-April, we can still fire Woodson and get a new coach.

C'mon Dolson...do your job and get us a coach who can get the job done! Do it today!

IMO, unless/until Dolson fires Woodson, it means he loves his job more than the program.

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

go_iu_bb posted that hiring Calipari shows that Arky's AD cares more than IU.

Kowtowing to big money boosters to hire an old Calipari who underperforms is not caring. It's a bad decision and that has nothing to do with Dolson or Woodson.

• It's the exact same situation that Indiana is in. They hired an unqualified coach at the rate of $3-4.5M/year and he's being retained because the billionaire supporters say so. Clearly Dolson and Buckner kowtowed to the Cooks and Simons. If it's a bad move for Arkansas, it was a bad move for Indiana. From where I sit, I'd say neither of them care as much about the future of their respective programs as they should.

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will give them credit they tried to ask some tough questions but Scott does like he does and moves around the questions instead of answering them directly. 

But Scott is a good dude overall IMO. He loves IU, like all of us do.

I just hope that one day Scott can just do his job with the basketball fire/hire/etc and not seem to be handcuffed, because from what i hear, i like Dolson and i know he LOVES this university

• It's the exact same situation that Indiana is in. They hired an unqualified coach at the rate of $3-4.5M/year and he's being retained because the billionaire supporters say so. Clearly Dolson and Buckner kowtowed to the Cooks and Simons. If it's a bad move for Arkansas, it was a bad move for Indiana. From where I sit, I'd say neither of them care as much about the future of their respective programs as they should.
Correct they are the same.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

After hearing that HH podcast today and Dolson sitting there like a bump on a log and allow d***head Woodson to make a decision clearly not in the best interest of the fans and only in the interest of MW means he should be fired.  He definitely has a innie and not an outie, IMO

11 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

After hearing that HH podcast today and Dolson sitting there like a bump on a log and allow d***head Woodson to make a decision clearly not in the best interest of the fans and only in the interest of MW means he should be fired.  He definitely has a innie and not an outie, IMO

You think the same people who prop up Woodson are going to allow Dolson to be replaced by a hatchet man?

You think the same people who prop up Woodson are going to allow Dolson to be replaced by a hatchet man?

If it happens under Buckner, the next AD will be a puppet.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:58 PM, IUFAN1976 said:

Wtf lol 

What decision was made that wasn't in the best interest of fans? 

If you so say canceling fan fest and fantasy camp--- I'm going to laugh. 

Is Woodson head coach at Indiana men’s basketball until Ad, Dolson retires and then Woodson continues to provide his services to IU in AD role? Hahaha.

10 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Wtf lol 

What decision was made that wasn't in the best interest of fans? 

If so say canceling fan fest and fantasy camp--- I'm going to laugh. 

It’s the golf tournament. Can’t believe they canceled the incredibly epic Hysterics golf extravaganza.

On 4/8/2024 at 2:14 PM, Bankshot said:

One of my takeaways...

If Shertz and Calipari can change jobs and move in Mid-April, we can still fire Woodson and get a new coach.

C'mon Dolson...do your job and get us a coach who can get the job done! Do it today!

IMO, unless/until Dolson fires Woodson, it means he loves his job more than the program.

It isn't happening.  Dolson, if he believes Woodson isn't the guy, probably thinks that his best bet is to kind of let Woodson do his thing and let the chips fall.  The donors want to win too, eventually the strings will come with that "donation" to Woodson's NIL too.